Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Someone needs to learn when to change gear.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Would it sound the same (awesome) with just the Remus can??
The header pipes look cool and likely shaves bunch of lbs?, but how much of the sounds is from the pipe. Pipes gotta be expensive! Factory Race Team stuff!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Beautiful sound. Great for short runs in the wide open countryside. However listening to that pipe for a 700 mile day would be migraine inducing.

I for one think the standard pipe sounds good. It has just enough sound to be enjoyable to listen to, but is still fine for long runs or for offroading where one does not wish to draw attention to oneself.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I too think the stock pipe and sound is just fine. I do not like to disturb my neighbors and sure do not want to draw attention to myself. When I hear a loud bike I can't help but think of the South Park Harley Episode.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Exactly!

Beautiful sound. Great for short runs in the wide open countryside. However listening to that pipe for a 700 mile day would be migraine inducing.

I for one think the standard pipe sounds good. It has just enough sound to be enjoyable to listen to, but is still fine for long runs or for offroading where one does not wish to draw attention to oneself.
Would love to have a loud button that I could push for a few moments of that at a time... Long term, no, not that loud. Glorious or not. Gosh, I must be getting old...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would love to have a loud button that I could push for a few moments of that at a time... Long term, no, not that loud. Glorious or not. Gosh, I must be getting old...
As i have mentioned before in previous posts on here i too am happy with the OEM exhaust system and will be sticking with STD but you can't help but like the 'sound' it makes (even if you don't want it yourself)

:smile2:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I too think the stock pipe and sound is just fine. I do not like to disturb my neighbors and sure do not want to draw attention to myself. When I hear a loud bike I can't help but think of the South Park Harley Episode.
Hilarious. Harley = Best way to turn fuel into noise.

I'm a fan of the standard can. It balances the bike visually too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sure - the 16 year old in me likes the sound, but not for a bike you want to ride all day. And I have yet to see any of the dyne results for the aftermarket exhausts that are improving torque under 3000 rpm, and several are loosing some torque that low. So you are paying $500-700 to give up power you actually use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts