Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done installing the SW Motech center stand and Alt rider side stand foot enlarger, and they do not work together without rubbing on each other. I will need to modify the back of the Alt rider side stand in order for them both to function without contact.

In addition to the SW Motech Center stand, I also purchased the SW Skid plate extension that goes on the SW Motech Center stand, and even those two parts don't fit. I will need to grind away part of the weld on the center stand in order to install the skid plate extension. Poor quality control IMHO. Not happy with SW Motech products so far. Alt Rider seems to be the way to go. I picked SW Motech as i liked the skid plate extension to protect the rear linkage, which was a good design, just not execution.

my 2 cents......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just got done installing the SW Motech center stand and Alt rider side stand foot enlarger, and they do not work together without rubbing on each other. I will need to modify the back of the Alt rider side stand in order for them both to function without contact.

In addition to the SW Motech Center stand, I also purchased the SW Skid plate extension that goes on the SW Motech Center stand, and even those two parts don't fit. I will need to grind away part of the weld on the center stand in order to install the skid plate extension. Poor quality control IMHO. Not happy with SW Motech products so far. Alt Rider seems to be the way to go. I picked SW Motech as i liked the skid plate extension to protect the rear linkage, which was a good design, just not execution.

my 2 cents......
Hi Sybjer
Did you also purchace the SW skidplate?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not. I installed the Outback Motortek Skid plate and crashbars. Both the SW motech extension that goes on the center stand and the alrider side stand enlarger both work with minor adjustments. The Center stand I had to file a little bit of the welds to get the extension plate on, and the side stand enlarger, I had to cut off part of the back. Both work good now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts