Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My lovely wife spoiled me for Xmas this year by informing me that MY new DCT AT should arrive by the end of January! I've been riding street for 11 years, and some dirt over the last 5 years, but this is admittedly my first foray into the world of Dual-Sport. "Oh boy, here we go with another mid-life-crisis poser!", I can hear some of you saying. Well, I suppose the proof will be in the pudding. I live in Northern California, love to ride, and am a decent human being. I get along with all types of folks, and what I lack in expertise I make up for with enthusiasm and beer. If anyone wants to wrench on bikes, take a ride, drink beer, eat sushi (ribs, burgers, thai, tacos...), needs a support vehicle or a hand with whatever, hit me up. I'd especially love to meet some folks with whom I may experience the joy of Dual Sport! Thanks in advance, and good to meet y'all.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome!

I love riding in Northern California. I think the Africa Twin would be a perfect bike for riding some of the goaty roads in your neck of the woods and around the Bay area.

Reactions: TypeJ

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you sure that I didn't post this?
I live in the East Bay (Concord) . My amazing wife too surprised me with a new Africa Twin DCT for Christmas. I am an avid off road rider (Carnige, Holister, Penny Pines) but have not done the Dual Sport / ADV Tour thing yet. I mainly wanted this bike for a comfortable commute bike (you know what the traffic is like in the bay area) that I could hit the abundant No. Cal fire roads with. I have been thinking of a trip to Baja or maybe go North. I have yet to cross the Canada border.

If you have not tried this bike out yet, If you are anything like me, you will love it. The whole Automatic thing was a bit sketchy to me but I did a lot of research. I read a lot of posts from guys that had them and overwhelmingly were all positive. Today was my second day crossing the Bay Bridge for work and I really like it. it is very comfortable (I think the seat is made of Temperpedic Material), handles well and has enough power for me. I have caught myself rolling on the throttle a few times and looked down to see 90 on the screen. The DCT transmission shifts nicely gives you one less thing to think about while splitting lanes.

Good luck on your new bike.
Hit me up for that Taco and Beer.
Paul
Paul @ CapitolElectric . com

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm east of you guys - Carson City, but ride Cali roads in the Sierras eight months a year. Some of the best roads this side of the Alps....

To get great information on great roads/rides all over California, try http://www.pashnit.com/ . It's a subscription site ($20/year) but there's plenty of free stuff too. They also offer guided tours, but since you're basically "local" that might not be of interest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts