Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm located in British Columbia and ordered in late november and was told to expect delivery end of January.

I am hearing murmurs now of possible delays, maybe an april delivery.

These rumors are not confirmed and seem to have originated from arizona, which is definitely west coast, and you'd think shipment timings would be similar up and down the coast, but maybe I'm wrong.

Has anyone heard anything?

Honda dealers seem like they are the last to know anything about their products.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Rocky Mountain Honda in Calgary posted a photo on their Facebook feed today of a new red one - Candy Red. At the bike show they said expect March/April delivery on orders.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah this is what I've been told too, I saw the Red one at Rock Honda, apparently it's up for grabs if anybody is looking for the new red DCT bike. They told me "a couple months yet before the Tricolour's come in". But who really knows, not like Honda are very open and upfront about delivery dates is it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was just told yesterday by a dealer in the mid-Atlantic region that they don't "expect our first 2017 in until mid April."

·
Registered
256 Posts
Seems like the rumor my dealer told me is the same as y'all are hearing. He and other dealer have complained about how Honda treats the dealers and pretty much does not tell them anything. I think their West Coast office is in Torrence CA. maybe by contacting them there is updated information.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was informed by Vancouver Carter Honda that my Red DCT AT arrives first part of April.
Initially was told January.........
April delivery is better with our current snow storms.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rocky Honda here in Calgary just got two of the Tricolours in late last week, both pre-sold to people higher up their list than me, unfortunately. But they are coming in, I went by on Saturday morning just to drool for a few minutes and chat to the guys, they said they are hoping to have a few more in at the end of February/early March, so we'll see. Think I'm still about 5th on the list though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I feel your pain, I am in the same situation. The good side is now you have more time to plan what accessories you want and realize just how much this bike is going to cost you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whattya mean 'realize just how much this bike is going to cost me'?

why the **** would I do that?

it's taken me 5 years to finally pull the trigger on a new bike, if I read the fine print there's NO WAY I 'm going to actually buy anything!

Also: Rocky Honda got two Tri-colours? But that should be impossible!

They all come on the same boat, do they not???

Can you confirm this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was told yesterday that my dealer gets one next month, a DCT and the other 4 with a estimated ship date of 28 April. I'm 1st on the list for a manual. So all this means is, I get to wait and wait and wait just a wee bit longer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I pulled the trigger on a red and black manual. The dealer told me the allocation of the bike was confirmed by Honda on 1/25/17. He said I should have it by the end of March. Working on my wish list!

·
Registered
256 Posts
My dealer contacted me today, the approximate shipping date of my tri-color manual bike is @ April 28th,

It is a small dealership, dirt bikes, ATV & UTVs, no street bikes. They only got one AT last year and it sat on the floor for over 4 months until purchased. I am sure that Honda rates its dealerships probably in tiers and that larger, higher tier shops, get more bike and probably more preferential treatment, such as shipping dates. The dealer was surprised that they are getting two ATs this year.

You guys in more populated areas may see shipments sooner than us out here on the frontier. Hope the wagon train carrying the bike does'nt get ambushed by the Indians.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The HRC ones have started showing up around here. Montreal region.

Calgary also hast started receiving the HRCs

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just got a phone call from Carter Honda in Vancouver this morning, confirming
delivery for my Rally red DCT AT, the first week or so of April.
There is one guy ahead of me, and his bike is supposed to arrive the last week of March.

·
Registered
507 Posts
When I put my deposit down late last year the Verbal was Feb.
Honda Canada now shows my bike as one of five for delivery in 'March' to Holeshot but HC don't appear to be providing the dealer with any more details. Holeshot waiting for the HC email to say the bike has arrived at warehouse.

Hey - the delay might be good - perhaps non-corroding spokes and switches that don't stick? Plus still waiting for SW Motech crash bars.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Saw my dealer yesterday, said the bike may be in sooner than April 28th, maybe not! Weather has changed here, snow is gone and spring is on its way. Soon the forest roads will be open to try the new bike out on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts