Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah! Think I've worked it out...

You 2 motorcycling gents from across the pond are used to 'ovals' being classed as race tracks, allow me to introduce the 110 yr old road racing circuit known as the Isle of Man TT Mountain Course...

37.4 miles of twisty tarmac

On Wednesday, I took my AT and son for a bimble around it. We had a fun ride...

On Saturday, I went alone. I had a faster fun ride... and threw in a bit of off-road earlier in the day - the AT proved to be ideal to get to most sections as a spectator also.

Here's your link... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man_TT

This'll give you perspective... https://youtu.be/OmNXCJt7K3Q

Shi'ite thread over

·
Registered
295 Posts
LOL! You really want to go there regarding "us" across the pond? Your OP made ZERO sense, WTF were you talking about? And if you really wanted to brag about riding the Isle Of Man, how about doing it on a proper road-racer, at speed, timed then post us your time and not on an ADV bike with your "son"...

You might as well have just walked it or taken a tour bus. And without pics your post was meaningless. You should have just posted it to your FB page... Probably would have made more sense there..

Ah! Think I've worked it out...

You 2 motorcycling gents from across the pond are used to 'ovals' being classed as race tracks, allow me to introduce the 110 yr old road racing circuit known as the Isle of Man TT Mountain Course...

37.4 miles of twisty tarmac

On Wednesday, I took my AT and son for a bimble around it. We had a fun ride...

On Saturday, I went alone. I had a faster fun ride... and threw in a bit of off-road earlier in the day - the AT proved to be ideal to get to most sections as a spectator also.

Here's your link... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man_TT

This'll give you perspective... https://youtu.be/OmNXCJt7K3Q

Shi'ite thread over

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL! You really want to go there regarding "us" across the pond? Your OP made ZERO sense, WTF were you talking about? And if you really wanted to brag about riding the Isle Of Man, how about doing it on a proper road-racer, at speed, timed then post us your time and not on an ADV bike with your "son"...
Wasn't a attempt to 'brag', foolishly assumed that 1 or 2 other AT owners may have had an interest - turns out I was right as I met a few others over there...

I did time it, via the satnav, can I take off the extra mins where I was sat at red lights? And then there was the nipping into Spar for a drink and some sweets, can I take that off too? Oh, and we stopped just outside Ramsey 'cos some little old lady was selling Honey in her garden, she kept us talking - gotta be worth at least a -5mins...

I rode it at every speed that was allowed - you know how it works right? Then when I hit the mountain, I took stock of surroundings and my pillion and was happy at just above motorway speeds...

Done the road bike years ago, older & wiser now...

That's him waving from the pits, he's 8...

You might as well have just walked it or taken a tour bus. And without pics your post was meaningless. You should have just posted it to your FB page... Probably would have made more sense there..
Where would the fun be in taking the bus? And I've not got a FB page, never done Facebook, always led to believe it was full of complete bellends?

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
This is by far my favorite thread of 2017 hehehehe. Glad to see you had fun, would love to take my AT to the Isle of Man for a visit if the water crossing wasn't so significant. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Book the trip, I'll lend you the AT... I'd tell the story of a random stranger lending me his AT a few years ago, but it'd just be another candidate for worst thread - I've no pics or timing slips...
This is by far my favorite thread of 2017 hehehehe. Glad to see you had fun, would love to take my AT to the Isle of Man for a visit if the water crossing wasn't so significant.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Can anyone find out how much would it be to take the bus.If I brought my elderly neighbour wld the bus be free.Please reply by FB.i thought that was a curse ?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Your OP was incomplete gibberish. I stand by my worst post comment.
Now having said that. I would love to ride the TT on my AT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts