Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the UK and other markets it looks like there are lots of accessories available that my U.S. dealer didn't tell me about. For example: http://www.honda.co.uk/content/dam/local/uk/Hosted files/HUK-MC-HGA-Pages-Africa-Twin.pdf

So my question is: How can I purchase accessories from that list that my dealer didn't tell me about? Has anyone else here had any luck purchasing, say, a touring screen or a high seat in the U.S.?

I plan to follow up with my dealer and see whether I can order them by part number but I haven't managed to connect with them by phone yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm in NZ and have bought all my accessories online paying by card or PayPal.
Delivery has been within a week or two at the most.
The overseas company's made it very easy.
Do your own thing with companies in the US or overseas that have what you want and have it in stock ready to send.
Good luck with getting what you need.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I bought a Honda foot shift accessory kit not sold in the U.S. for my NC700XD from a motorcycle ship in Japan - but had to use a purchasing service (broker) and a shipping bundler company to make it work. It took a lot of effort but it did save me about $100 over Webike prices. If I had it to do over, I'd probably pay Webike the extra $$ and save myself the trouble.

If you have part numbers, try this: http://japan.webike.net/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. Thanks for the pointer; I gave webike a try with the part numbers but they say "Not available."

·
Registered
170 Posts
Call some local dealers, all that stuff should be available through them. My dealer here in PA told me they opened up ordering on AT accessories before they even had their first bike. He gave me a brochure with US dollars many months ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Call some local dealers, all that stuff should be available through them. My dealer here in PA told me they opened up ordering on AT accessories before they even had their first bike. He gave me a brochure with US dollars many months ago.
There are plenty of AT accessory brochures in U.S. dollars, but if you compare the accessories in those brochures against the brochure I linked, I think you'll see that the U.S. brochures omit a lot of items.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yea I see, maybe has to do with DOT. I have a ST 1300 and the Hondaline rear trunk was offered in Europe but not here because it did not meet DOT specs. I had to orderer it from David Silver Spares. Check them out they now have a store here in York PA. Just get the part number and punch it in, will give you availability and cost in US dollars.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just did a quick check on DSS and they are all listed as "special order upon request" 5 to 7 days delivery time if in stock.

·
Registered
359 Posts
There are plenty of AT accessory brochures in U.S. dollars, but if you compare the accessories in those brochures against the brochure I linked, I think you'll see that the U.S. brochures omit a lot of items.
That would make a lot of sense since the US market seems to be the biggest for the AT followed by Europe and parts of Asia. I'm sure even their sales numbers will show that as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where did you get a brochure? What dealer? I'm in SE PA. I was told by everyone they have no bike or accessory brochures!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Europe Accessory Sheet

I'll try to upload the AT accessory sheet I got back in February. The prices are in pounds but I would think the items should be available in most of Europe.

Sorry guys, I tried but the file is too big (5.96 MB) and the board won't let me upload it. The brochure is 8 pages and since it's a pdf I don't know how to make it smaller. If someone wants it or knows how to upload it send me a message and I'll send it to you.

Ti04

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll try to upload the AT accessory sheet I got back in February. The prices are in pounds but I would think the items should be available in most of Europe.

Sorry guys, I tried but the file is too big (5.96 MB) and the board won't let me upload it. The brochure is 8 pages and since it's a pdf I don't know how to make it smaller. If someone wants it or knows how to upload it send me a message and I'll send it to you.

Ti04
Thanks, but I'm pretty sure that PDF you were trying to upload would be the same one that I linked in the first message of this thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts