Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 ATAS DCT ES
245 Posts
TTT

ok im reviving this thread. i have the 2022 ATAS the access connectors are there in side the fairings but don't have power. Sounds like i need to have the software activated?
Been discussed a lot on there. Bikes in USA don’t have the internal wiring or able to active it on the software. Only way for aux lights on yours is via an extra switch

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,484 Posts
TTT

ok im reviving this thread. i have the 2022 ATAS the access connectors are there in side the fairings but don't have power. Sounds like i need to have the software activated?
Not if it is a North American model, they do not have the capability of connecting Aux lights directly.
Your best option would be a Hex ezCAN, more expense but well worth it and take that from someone who had the Aux lights connected direct to the oem plugs, the ezCAN is just so much more easy to control the lights, more versatile and very effective.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not if it is a North American model, they do not have the capability of connecting Aux lights directly.
Your best option would be a Hex ezCAN, more expense but well worth it and take that from someone who had the Aux lights connected direct to the oem plugs, the ezCAN is just so much more easy to control the lights, more versatile and very effective.
This...absolutely!!! You can spend tons of time, chase your tail, trace wires and generally beat your head against the wall and still end up here. Skip the middle and just invest in the Hex ezCAN. It really is pretty simple - worst part is running your aux light wires under/beside the tank. Programming and operation is dead simple and uses existing switches so nothing extra on the bars. I thought I "just had to have" the OEM solution but, in the end, SO glad I went this route. There are lots of smart folks on this forum (not me) but you see 'em...they're posting and helping all the time and they're sayin' "do this"!

Just my $.02 after struggling with the same issue. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2021 ATAS DCT ES
245 Posts
Again a +1 for the EZcan system I had mine installed using the OEM wiring and FN button to turn on. The EZcan module is 100% smarter programmable and just works well. I’m looking in to get a 2nd to run some rear brake lights and heated gear

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pretty funny i got more positive responses than negative. Im aware there tons of existing threads. Thats part of the problem. Too much info out there.
Thanks

ps. Does that dongle thing actually do anything for the American bike?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Pretty funny i got more positive responses than negative. Im aware there tons of existing threads. Thats part of the problem. Too much info out there.
Thanks

Not sure what "dongle thing" you're referring to?

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,484 Posts
Thanks

If you are meaning the ezCAN then yes it works on all 2020 onwards AT's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure what "dongle thing" you're referring to?
see post #7 page 1

OEM Honda Service Check Short Service Connector - CRF1100 (all models)

While many fuel injection diagnostic tools are expensive and complex, there are some that are simple and easy to use. The Honda Service Check Short Service connector is a simple jumper connector that is used to check and erase Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC). This SCS service connector is needed on a wide range of Honda powersport engines- ATVs, motorcycles, and personal watercraft all require this basic tool.

The tool, part number 070MZ0010300, is an electrical connector with a built in jumper wire. The tool connects to the Data Link Connector (DLC), and jumps two wires of the DLC to create an input to the ECM. While the wires can be jumped manually without the tool, the tool insures the correct wires are jumped.

This tool is also required for the installation of the following accessories - to enable each accessory in the TFT screen menu:
  • OEM Honda Quickshifter
  • OEM Honda Heated Grips
  • OEM Honda Fog Lights
  • OEM Honda Electronic Suspension”

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,484 Posts
see post #7 page 1

While many fuel injection diagnostic tools are expensive and complex, there are some that are simple and easy to use. The Honda Service Check Short Service connector is a simple jumper connector that is used to check and erase Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC). This SCS service connector is needed on a wide range of Honda powersport engines- ATVs, motorcycles, and personal watercraft all require this basic tool.

The tool, part number 070MZ0010300, is an electrical connector with a built in jumper wire. The tool connects to the Data Link Connector (DLC), and jumps two wires of the DLC to create an input to the ECM. While the wires can be jumped manually without the tool, the tool insures the correct wires are jumped.

This tool is also required for the installation of the following accessories - to enable each accessory in the TFT screen menu:
  • OEM Honda Quickshifter
  • OEM Honda Heated Grips
  • OEM Honda Fog Lights
As was said that will not work for the Aux lights on North American models as you can not enable the Aux lights on them. As far as I know you can use the Aux lights on models made for the rest of the world, why North America Honda don't have that option I have no idea. Someone here was determined to get it working but in the end discovered they would need quite a lot of parts from European (or other market) bikes to do so, new BCU, Ignition switch and probably a few other bits.

·
Registered
81 Posts
see post #7 page 1

• OEM Honda Quickshifter
  • OEM Honda Heated Grips
  • OEM Honda Fog Lights
Copy...sorry about that...I had read the original thread some time ago and forgot about this post. It's what Hood said in post #29. Nobody here has anything to gain by recommending ezCAN, rather we've been down your road and eventually all ended up at the same place. Hope maybe to save you some pain. Good luck sir...at least if you go the long way around, you'll learn a lot about your bike!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts