Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
No kidding. The **** thing should be stock. I mean, everything else in this class and price point seems to (and they even have cruise control!)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not sure this is right place to post this, but I have new, still in the never opened box, center stand for a 2018-2019 ATAS for sale if anyone is interested? Part # 08M70-MKK-D21. Located in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure this is right place to post this, but I have new, still in the never opened box, center stand for a 2018-2019 ATAS for sale if anyone is interested? Part # 08M70-MKK-D21. Located in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.
Hi Stock Jock--I responded over on your other post, but just in case:

Are you shipping to the United States?

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
786 Posts
I called them and they discovered that I had a model for a 2017 base model that didn't match either of the two listed part numbers for my bike and that they would swap it, but I would have to pay more for the ATAS version and they will remove and reinstall it for 200 dollars. I was not able to convince them to do it on their dime as it is the most recent in a series of mistakes that have led to many, many hours spent after purchase to get the bike to where it should have been off the showroom floor.

I wonder if a lowering link would actually make this shorter center stand a better fit. I remember my lowered Vstrom wouldnt work unless you shortened the center stand.
I highly recommend that you DON'T change the suspension linkage geometry to solve a problem you should not be having. Two wrongs don't make a right. The suspension linkage is carefully designed to ensure load and articulation are correct for the bike and riding style expected for for an ADV bike. Go solve the centerstand issue.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts