Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in adding some driving lights to my AT and would like to use the OEM Fog Light switch. As far as I can tell, neither the fog lights, nor the seperate parts like the Fog Light switch or harness are sold in the USA.
Does anyone know if this is correct? Any idea where I can buy the Fog Light switch in the USA?

Thanks

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm not sure if you give the part # to a dealer if you can order it in Canada and the US.

Rugged Roads in the UK sells the switch –*08V04MJPG50A

Eastern Beaver a small company also sells the harness – Eastern Beaver - CRF1000L wiring

Reactions: TMac99

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm in the process of installing some MondoMoto fog lights I took off my old bike I got the part number for the oem button and asked the dealer, it's not a good part number in Canada. I ordered the switch and some spare connectors from Rugged Roads and the harness extension and tail light wiring harness from Eastern Beaver and had both orders shipped to my US postal address they were both there in about 10 days.

The harness extension works great I was able to pick up power for the oem power outlet and power for the fog lights including the return signal so the fog light indicator lights up on the dash when the fogs are on. All this was done with the harness extension, spare connectors and some of my own wiring harness fabrication for a plug and play installation with no hacking of the factory wiring at all.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I bought the switch from Rugged Roads and it's on the way now. I'm thinking of adding the Denali D4 lights to mine. I'm glad to hear that the dash light works with a bit of tweaking.

I'm in the process of installing some MondoMoto fog lights I took off my old bike I got the part number for the oem button and asked the dealer, it's not a good part number in Canada. I ordered the switch and some spare connectors from Rugged Roads and the harness extension and tail light wiring harness from Eastern Beaver and had both orders shipped to my US postal address they were both there in about 10 days.

The harness extension works great I was able to pick up power for the oem power outlet and power for the fog lights including the return signal so the fog light indicator lights up on the dash when the fogs are on. All this was done with the harness extension, spare connectors and some of my own wiring harness fabrication for a plug and play installation with no hacking of the factory wiring at all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The accessory 4 pin connector behind the gauges has the following wires:

Green = Ground.
Red / Yellow = Switched power, fused at 10A marked "spare" in the small three position fuse block under the seat.
Blue / Black = Put +12V to this to illuminate the fog light symbol on the dash.
Blue = This wire becomes +12v when the high beam is on probably to turn off the factory fogs when the high beam is on.

I wired the switched side of my dash fog switch to the fog light relay and the Black/ Blue wire which lights the fog symbol on the dash.

Hmmm not sure why the pics are rotated.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got the part number for the oem button

I ordered the switch and some spare connectors from Rugged Roads

The harness extension works great I was able to pick up power for the oem power outlet and power for the fog lights including the return signal so the fog light indicator lights up on the dash when the fogs are on.
So the dash "fog light on" indicator is illuminated NOT the push button switch, right?

I keep hearing that there is a version of the push button switch that is illuminated... but no one seems to know what that number is.

Does anyone know it this is true or have the switch number?

·
Registered
153 Posts
OU812,

Do you know the part numbers of the required harness connection? Also, is the taillight harness required? If so, do you know the part number? Also, which spare connectors did you use?

I can help you build or fix any Honda engine, as I was a dealer for almost a quarter of a century before I retired. However, I know my achilles' heel is electronics. So, please help if you can...

Like you, I will be installing the Givi lights from my previous bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The switch I have is not illuminated.

Honda probably make two switches one illuminated and one not since the Africa Twin has the dash symbol it gets the non illuminated switch and a different model without the dash symbol gets the illuminated switch. Finding the part numbers for the individual pieces in the accessory kits is almost impossible.

·
Registered
52 Posts
OU812,

Do you know the part numbers of the required harness connection? Also, is the taillight harness required? If so, do you know the part number? Also, which spare connectors did you use?

I can help you build or fix any Honda engine, as I was a dealer for almost a quarter of a century before I retired. However, I know my achilles' heel is electronics. So, please help if you can...

Like you, I will be installing the Givi lights from my previous bike.
Electrical contractor by day so this stuff is easy especially getting the correct connectors for plug and play wiring. Take your time routing the wiring behind the fairing as there is not a lot of room there but everything does fit if you hold your tongue just right.

I can't post links yet google Eastern Beaver and find the link to the CRF1000 specific parts he makes.

I bought the following from Easter Beaver:
- CRF1000-FPS Front power Splitter Accessory Kit, same as Honda 08U74MJPG50 just cheaper.
- CRF1000-FPS-Kit, this is the matching male connector with pins to make your own wiring harness.
- DL1000A/CFR1000-AT-BT-V2, this is the tail light adaptor that I used to install a Back Off brake light modulator without hacking the factory harness.

I bought the oem fog light switch 08V04MJPG50 from Rugged Roads and an oem power socket from EBay.

If you want I can try and scratch up a diagram showing how everything is connected.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ou812,

The scratch update diagram showing how everything is connected would be heaven sent for me. I also got my OEM power socket from ebay.

Thank you!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
cables, connectors, wiring diagrams, videos exist already over many different posts on this forum for what you are looking for. Use the search bar in the forum to find your areas of interest. Check out 12v power socket retrofit posts. Note, my diagram shows arrow going in to high beam tell, this should be coming out, some don't have that high beam tell cable.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Let me know if you need help deciphering my chicken scratch.
It would have been awesome of me to think ahead when I put my 12v socket and heated grips to get this splitter in :) But I really appreciate it anyway. I will order the switch and splitter for next time I take it apart.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought but have not received yet a 3CS fuse block from Eastern beaver configured for all 3 circuits to be key on key off controlled. My plan is to connect a Waterproof non OEM socket to the fuse block along with a USB outlet and some 5 Watt Mondomoto AUX driving lights. Does anyone see any reason why I need to install a switch on the lights since they will run through the fuse block and come on and off with the key.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought but have not received yet a 3CS fuse block from Eastern beaver configured for all 3 circuits to be key on key off controlled. My plan is to connect a Waterproof non OEM socket to the fuse block along with a USB outlet and some 5 Watt Mondomoto AUX driving lights. Does anyone see any reason why I need to install a switch on the lights since they will run through the fuse block and come on and off with the key.

Depends on where you are and the local laws if you get stopped by an eager member of the local law enforcement. In some jurisdictions you are only allowed two sets of lights on at any one time so if you have the high beams on and auxiliary lights on you would have three sets of lights on. I think oem auxiliary lights with an oem wiring harness are connected so the auxiliary lights go off when the high beam is on. I like having the option to turn them on and off as I find my auxiliary lights a little too bright at night.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts