Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the PUIG OEM handguards extensions? I wonder if, aside the hand protection, they would possibly reduce the air pressure on the shoulders.....

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Since there has been no source of information in the net on my question above. I decided to purchase them. The installation is pretty simple and the quality and fit superb, like all PUIG products I have used so far.

As said in the first post, my target was to eliminate the air pressure on the shoulders. Well, those extenders certainly eliminate any pressure on the shoulders. However, nothing is perfect in life. So, the extenders push air directly to the chest now. The pressure is not much but, it seems that it increases also helmet noise and I think also causes some helmet buffeting. The latter I will need to test more thoroughly with my NEXX helmet. I will be reporting back for anyone that may be concerned.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Since there has been no source of information in the net on my question above. I decided to purchase them. The installation is pretty simple and the quality and fit superb, like all PUIG products I have used so far.

As said in the first post, my target was to eliminate the air pressure on the shoulders. Well, those extenders certainly eliminate any pressure on the shoulders. However, nothing is perfect in life. So, the extenders push air directly to the chest now. The pressure is not much but, it seems that it increases also helmet noise and I think also causes some helmet buffeting. The latter I will need to test more thoroughly with my NEXX helmet. I will be reporting back for anyone that may be concerned.

Final update

my initial remarks were based on my trials using a jet helmet.

An hour ago I had the opportunity to test with my NEXX X-WED2 , which is the helmet I use on travels anyway.

The observations are quite different in this case. I find that the noise is further reduced and I have experienced no buffeting even at top speed.

Therefore, as one would actually anticipate, the wind/noise effect is affected by many parameters and not only the wind deflector configurations on the bike itself.

eventually, it seems that the extenders are a keeper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts