Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2016 Africa Twin that came with OEM heated grips. Unfortunately, the switch on the left grip was broken when I bought it. The switch functions, but the two halves of the plastic switch housing would not clip together. Today, the top half of the plastic housing (the one with the button)disappeared during a ride. Can I replace just the switch or plastic housing, or do I have to buy the entire grip set for $150+?

·
Registered
4 Posts
you have to buy the whole set-up ,the front of my unit fell off,same as yours,just out of warrenty!!,installed oxford grips instead,these actually heat up,annoyed at honda,s response,but they said mine was a one-off,to replace with o.e.m warm grips would have been £330,not paying that!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fran, thanks for the reply. That sucks! The OEM grips are nice, but man are they expensive. I hate to have to throw them out for just a plastic piece that broke. Well, oh well...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts