Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are both about the same price where I am. Any opinions on one vs the other? I'm not worried about the "bouncing" problem. IMHO when you ride hard they all do that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
479 Posts
In the unlikely event that someone has tried both and compared them your only ever going to get someone's opinion on what they have!

I have OEM, it rolls nicely with good leg pressure leaving light work for the hands. Maybe the SW does too? I do have SW bars and 8L dry bags though so no axe to grind there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have had several Hondas with Centre stands as original equipment over the years. I never had one break. As such the choice would have been easy for me if I had had to make it. However the choice was already made for me as the bike came with the OEM stand on purchase.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies folks!

I've fallen into the trap of overthinking some of these accessories. I just used the magic 8 ball on my desk to make my decision. SW Motech it is!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the OEM. Good sturdy stand. But yea, your overthinking it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have been pondering the same thing. And have noticed that the SW Motech has a rear suspension link plate that appears to attach to the center stand. Most bash plates from what I have seen do not protect this part, so I have been eyeing the SW option. My only problem is where to purchase them? Ive seen pictures but have not seen available for purchase.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine has the SW-Motech one.

I compared it to a Honda one and I think if you can, get the Honda one. The springs are way stronger on the Honda one.

I also noticed that the bar that connects the two legs together is a bit more out of the way on the Honda one.

Since getting the SW one my bike has been taking a chunk out of our deck when I bounce up onto it to park. I have a feeling it's that bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts