Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have acquired a used set of OEM panniers for my 2019 ATAS. These have lock cylinders installed but no key. Fortunately the previous owner left the cases locked in the open position. I have ordered new lock cylinder kits for the panniers and am comfortable with setting up new lock cylinders for my bike's key. So far I have been unable to find a video that shows removal from and reinstallation of the lock cylinders in the actual pannier cases. I would be more comfortable if I could see this done before I start to take these apart. Does anyone have link to a video or illustrated PDF that shows the procedure?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a good video on this:
Thanks Rod and Scott. The cases in the video are for the 2020. My cases are for the 2016 to 2019 AT. It is still more information than I had and gives a better idea of how things go together.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The dealer installed the ones in my 2020 since it was part of the ‘deal’. They did say it was a bit of a learning experience for them as they had never done it before.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks Rod and Scott. The cases in the video are for the 2020. My cases are for the 2016 to 2019 AT. It is still more information than I had and gives a better idea of how things go together.
I'll be doing this in the next couple of weeks, when the second pannier gets here. if you haven't done yours by then I'll post something up.
The used pannier that just got here came with a key, so I don't want to take it apart until the other one comes, and I get the cylinder kit for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts