Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an Arrows slip on can on my bike and was wondering if anyone has fitted the OEM panniers successfully with this exhaust? There are some OEM used panniers for sale locally and before I chase after them I thought I'd see if anyone had the answer.
Appreciate they aren't the best in panniers and I would need to change the locks for key matching but I only want them for light road use.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have the Arrow full Ti system and oe panniers. The exhaust hanger bolt/assembly is a lovely piece of work and you can fit the panniers, but it does rub on mine slightly. As I don’t use my panniers except when going touring, I take the end cap off the end of the assembly and use a couple of stainless washers in its place. This gives all the clearance needed and you can’t see them when the box is mounted, obviously.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for confirming that they should fit OK. I just need to decide now if I want to part with a few $$$ on these used OEM panniers or splash out some big bikkies on a set of Touratech Zega Pro 2's. Hard to justify just to carry my dinner and some bits and bobs on my daily commute but they do look the biz ;)

·
Registered
797 Posts
The oe panniers work for me, tho’ there’s others who will have differing opinions. They’ve never leaked in bad weather, never bounced off while going down rocky trails that I should have avoided and are fine for what I need to carry. Yes, they aren’t the best quality compared to the likes of the oe Beemer Vario panniers or other Aluminium offerings, but they’ve never let me down in the three years I’ve had them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts