Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Word of warning. The aluminium panels are not coated with anything and the corrosion caused by UK salt off the roads leaves marks that cannot be removed. I guess if you washed them thoroughly after each trip, you could keep them looking good but too late for mine. Thinking of getting them sprayed white (it looks as though they easily detach from the black plastic bodies)
Mike

·
Registered
171 Posts
If they easily detach, maybe you could get them cleaned and then anodised. I know that’s not what you should have to do, but an option maybe. Thanks for the head up though, I’ll ACF mine when I get them.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they easily detach, maybe you could get them cleaned and then anodised. I know that’s not what you should have to do, but an option maybe. Thanks for the head up though, I’ll ACF mine when I get them.
ACF50 might work but I suspect you'd have to reapply it very regularly as they are in a very fast airstream and if it's raining it will soon be gone. I rinse my bike down after every ride but never thought to do the panniers - assumed they'd have some lacquer - but should have looked more closely
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts