Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

OEM Protection film + OEM Upper and Lower Wind Deflectors + 12volt socket

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  SaltyBill 
#1 ·
Hi guys I just finished installing the protective film from Honda. I removed the airbubbles but its still never looks quite right. I followed instruction left the film in the sun to warm up, i even used a hair dryer after. But i could never get it looking quite right. ( compared to the 3m film i used on my car ) Its very thick , looks durable. Its transparent but it has a weird texture to it. Im hoping it holds up. I should have installed the tank grips after as now i cannot install the 2 large tank pieces. Doesn't matter.
I havent rode the bike yet to test the new delflectors. ill update this week some time.
Rectangle Packing materials Wood Font Packaging and labeling
Wood Wood stain Font Hardwood Plywood
Light Rectangle Tints and shades Pattern Wood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Bicycle tire Automotive lighting
Shoe White Hood Light Product
Insect Organism Font Poster Pest
Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

See less See more
#7 ·
That's not a removable protective peel layer on the film? Weird. You could use the backing layer for tempates and cut out patterns from sheets of regular paint protection film.

I ordered some XPEL Stealth matte paint protection film for my ATAS before it was delivered as I though it would look good matte but once I saw the metallic in the paint and how good it looked, I decided to leave it. I do have some clear XPEL ppf to install on the the side panels and front (high) fender.

#8 ·
No its not, its the actual film. To be honest its really durable stuff, just ugly. Its atleast 3 times thicker than normal 3M protection film. I Agree the paint is amazing, it has a metallic sparkle which pops. Now it just looks like crap..
I never though of that, that is a great idea.
My wife even has the Cricut machine thats designed to cut all different types of materials. I can copy the stencils and upload to a SVG file and use it to cut whatever brand or type of film i want. With extreme accuracy , basically perfect copies.
I think i threw away the backing , thinking now i had it all in a box and threw it away, **** it.

#9 ·
No its not, its the actual film. To be honest its really durable stuff, just ugly. Its atleast 3 times thicker than normal 3M protection film. I Agree the paint is amazing, it has a metallic sparkle which pops. Now it just looks like crap..
I never though of that, that is a great idea.
My wife even has the Cricut machine thats designed to cut all different types of materials. I can copy the stencils and upload to a SVG file and use it to cut whatever brand or type of film i want. With extreme accuracy , basically perfect copies.
I think i threw away the backing , thinking now i had it all in a box and threw it away, **** it.
Hi SaltyBill, it will be great if you upload file to cut by myself film 💯

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.