Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - 2018 ATAS here. The install instrucs (photo attached) indicate 4 of the 8 flange collars should go directly into the rear carrier bracket that came on the bike. There are no holes in that rear carrier though so am I missing something? The other photo is of the existing rear carrier (silver) and the carrier base (black) and all components that's supposed to be the only mounting plate I need.

Perhaps the additional four flange collars come with the carrier base for another model year that does have four holes to place them in? Thanks for any assistance... DP

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi - 2018 ATAS here. The install instrucs (photo attached) indicate 4 of the 8 flange collars should go directly into the rear carrier bracket that came on the bike. There are no holes in that rear carrier though so am I missing something? The other photo is of the existing rear carrier (silver) and the carrier base (black) and all components that's supposed to be the only mounting plate I need.

Perhaps the additional four flange collars come with the carrier base for another model year that does have four holes to place them in? Thanks for any assistance... DP

It seems like it's not meant for the ATAS but for the AT, the rear racks are significantly different. The one in your instructions is clearly the AT. There's probably some adapter plates out there...

·
Registered
173 Posts
It seems like it's not meant for the ATAS but for the AT, the rear racks are significantly different. The one in your instructions is clearly the AT. There's probably some adapter plates out there...
Probably....hopefully. If not, get a piece of steel and make his own. Not hard to make your own adapter plate.... And cheaper.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeap thats the plate for the AT not the ATAS. I ended up mounting an Altrider Plate on my ATAS then I attached the OEM Honda plate to it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yes sir, I got for $118 , free shipping, and will make my own mounting plate again. Super nice (and big) case it seems.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts