Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

After some please ,can anyone tell me what tools are supposed to be in the OEM tool kit that comes with the bike or take a photo off the complete kit .

I had a front wheel puncture at the weekend and could not get front wheel off as no spanner in the OEM kit , school boy error i should of checked the kit , but i would like to know what should be in the kit ?

Cheers
Brock

·
Registered
102 Posts
Depends on where and when you bought the bike: My "toolkit" consisted of a document bag and a cheap all in one screwdriver.....seems that after the earthquake that stalled production, many 2016s were shipped without complete kit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply ,in talks with the dealer , however its like pulling teeth getting info off them .

Cheers Brock

·
Registered
36 Posts
You really should just forget about the tool kit from Honda. Regardless of how complete a tool kit you get the tools are garbage, they really aren't worth getting excited about. There are various posts about assembling a useful tool kit depending on your needs. Just google Africa Twin tool roll or something similar. This guy's video is pretty good http://www.jasonwd.com/2016/10/07/video-in-depth-tools/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You really should just forget about the tool kit from Honda. Regardless of how complete a tool kit you get the tools are garbage, they really aren't worth getting excited about. There are various posts about assembling a useful tool kit depending on your needs. Just google Africa Twin tool roll or something similar. This guy's video is pretty good http://www.jasonwd.com/2016/10/07/video-in-depth-tools/
Good Find , DCT filter is a good idea
cheers
Brock

·
Registered
232 Posts
Why 2 x 14mm spanner in the tool kit?

My quick search around the bike and I could not find a single bolt head that was 14mm. And Honda thought to put 2 of them in the tool kit!

A quick look around and I think you can almost take this whole bike apart with
8,10,12,13,22,27mm spanners. A 19mm is needed to adjust the front forks
5*,6,and 8mm allens for all those bolts
*the 5 is under the seat and opens up the toolkit "cavity"

·
Registered
2021 Africa Twin Adventure Sport ES DCT
3 Posts
Why 2 x 14mm spanner in the tool kit?

My quick search around the bike and I could not find a single bolt head that was 14mm. And Honda thought to put 2 of them in the tool kit!
Old thread, I know, but I just got my AT a week ago. The mirror was loose. To tighten it, I needed two 14mm wrenches. Neither of which was included with my bike, as I'm in the US.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just picked up my 2021 AT std yesterday. No tool kit. I made the salesmen order me one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts