Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search for this but got a million posts as to why the tyres are rubbish, and somewhere in there I am sure there will be information about how long they last but I can't find it.
What I am mildly interested in is whether the standard tyres used exclusively on normal roads and driven sedately will last 8000 miles - it's just so much more convenient for me to get them changed at the service intervals.
Mike

·
Registered
480 Posts
Did a search for this but got a million posts as to why the tyres are rubbish, and somewhere in there I am sure there will be information about how long they last but I can't find it.
What I am mildly interested in is whether the standard tyres used exclusively on normal roads and driven sedately will last 8000 miles - it's just so much more convenient for me to get them changed at the service intervals.
Mike
I have stuck with stock and although only at 5K KM and do believe these will last to 8K miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got 8200km from all tar, The bike had a total of 165 kg load, the road were straight with 100km/h average. Air temp was 38 to 42 Celcius. The front was cracking up at 5000klm. The heatwave and hot roads probably affected the tyres.

T_b.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I replaced my stock tires at 6700 miles. I could have gotten a bit more out of them if needed, maybe 1000 more.
I had no issues with the stock tires for a 90/10 tire.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nearly 6k miles on mine, would go a couple thousand more .... don't see what all the negative comments are about OEM tyres, or perhaps it's just me ??

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wld anyone replace there oem tyres with oem tyres again or change to a different brand.i was worried about oem tyres in the wet and cold so I changed to conti trail attack 2,s when I bought my Twin and hv no regrets.hv driven in heavy rain with confidence.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I currently have just over 6,000 miles on my stockers. I just ordered a new set of TKC-80's to replace em'. I imagine I could get another 2k out of my stockers if I wanted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Changed originals on delivery for Conti TA2's at no charge - played safe having read to many adverse reports with the Dunlops in the wet.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had no issues with the stock tires either.... been buying up the ones guys swap out lol. I mean they arent great tires by any standard. They are my touring tires for long trips and then I have knobbies for when I am home. I saw about 8,000 miles from my first set. my Mitas E-07 rear is a different story lol EXCELLENT tire, but I am 2,000 miles in and it is at about half life....

·
Registered
991 Posts
Only 1000 km in and they are just fine. No drama at all. They are hardly warn at all. I'd say easily 9-10,000 kilometres. They'll come off before my summer trip though. I'll put them back on for commuting and local riding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts