Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Im new to this forum so hello all!. Hoping someone may be able to help.
I went out on my new atas offroading and had a little drop. Everything seemed to be OK, the tight side engine case and dct box all seem OK if a little scuffed, however, I've noticed an oil leak which appears to be coming from the top of the engine behind the tank, possibly the rocker cover. The bike was on its side for a while whilst I managed to pick the thing up. I wouldnt have thought I'd seriously damaged anything as it was only a low speed drop and the crash bars/ tank would have taken the brunt.

Any suggestions what may have possibly been damaged before I start stripping it. Hoping it's something simple.

Thanks.

Andy

·
Registered
48 Posts
It sounds like the cap came off your breather tube that is supposed to be drained occasionally.
I have a 2020 ATAS and i dumped mine, hard and came to a rest turtle (handle bars downhill) & had to slide the Beast around on the crash bars to stand it up. Oil came gushing out from the top of the engine and all down the right side of my engine.
I rode it down the hill checked the oil & it appeared ok.
I rode it another 200 miles to the nearest town oil was still good.
Where did the oil come from ?Anybody got an idea?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts