Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cobra nemo 2 oilers £90 :frown2: (slovakia)

gidibi nemo 2 oilers £35 :smile2: (china) :|

moral dilema....both the same :grin2:>:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
'

imo ... oilers are in the same category as truck auto greasers.. for lazy people.. it takes 30 seconds to lube a chain, spend another 30 visually looking at the bike ... be surprised at what can be picked up when general maintenance is completed by the rider.

not only that .... they "Can" be known to fail , sending all that lube over the rear tyre or the rider behind you.

just my 2c

ive been wrong before and ill be wrong again ...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Not Heard of the gidibi?
But I have got the cobra and its quality and operation are brilliant.
:)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I had been using the ProOiler on my first Varadero and the Tutoro on my next 2 Varaderos and now on my ATAS.

I can tell you that the oilers are worth every single penny you pay for them. It is not only that your chain remains lubricated at any time, it remains clean as well, since the oil takes away the dirt.

Compared to can lubricants, I prefer the mess of the oil vs. the mess of the sticky can lubricant. You can clean it just by sweeping it with a rag.

All my varaderos except the last one were sold with 100K on their clocks. The last one at 50K. With the oiler systems, my chains would last easily 35-40K kms.

Under no circumstance I want to make an advertisment here, but Tutoro works like a charm. I would not spend my money anymore on any more expensive high tech solution. The Nemo is also a very nice and quality device, but I still prefer the fill n forget Tutoro approach.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what sort of Scot are you?
first of all ...very good:laugh:

i previously used scott oilers on my bikes after getting the flow right they worked very well, i would have liked to have gone down this path again but am too lazy to lift the tank to locate a vacume pipe..also they dont sit as well on the atas as they do on the standard so beside the x system being a very nice piece of kit i cannot hide the reservoir out of obvious site..so i thought of the nemo 2 ..which i could locate on the bars and it somehow looks as if it belongs there.i had considered the tutoro but am interested in where you located it

·
Registered
423 Posts
....i had considered the tutoro but am interested in where you located it
after days of searching the more suitable position, I made my own bracket to fix it; pls. see photos.

this is a Tutoro....Initially I placed it behind the passenger peg and the chain guard crashed on it causing a breakage. I managed to patch it however, and now it has this black, duct tape look (LoL)

I am not sure if the position is appropriate for off-road, but I do not do off road.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Petros..

we should do a bike swap

me in Greece camping at the foot of Olympus sipping oozo
and you in stunning sunny (often far too hot) Scotland
presently free beer and whisky to all EU Citizens

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thanks Petros..

we should do a bike swap

me in Greece camping at the foot of Olympus sipping oozo
and you in stunning sunny (often far too hot) Scotland
presently free beer and whisky to all EU Citizens
Hey my friend; tommorow I am leaving for a 3 days trip near the foot of Olympus! I will certainly drink an ouzo for your shake!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I were installing a chain oiler I would seriously consider the Tutoro. I had one on an Aprilia Caponord for several years with no issues other than occasionally having to check the location of the outlet tip to make sure it was over the chain. I liked that it was self-contained and did not require connection to the engine and was off anytime the bike was not in motion. Once I had the oil delivery dialed in it was pretty much forgotten except to check the oil level one in a while.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh, I forgot to add that I mounted the one on my Aprilia on the frame tube just above the passenger footpeg. It could probably be mounted somewhere on the AT frame using a hose clamp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts