Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
121 - 122 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had an '07 GSA a decade ago and while I apreciated the giant fuel tank, on-road comfort, and it looked like the terminator of motorcycles, it was a pig everywhere but the open road (just don't get a cross-wind). I pulled the drive shaft the first year and realized it had never been lubed from the factory. The rear seal began to seep within a couple thousand miles but I was a month out of warranty so my dealer wasn't interested unless I brought my check-book. The gas guage never did work even after replacement. I moved on to a KTM 1290 SD-R and Husky 650 from there but got the itch for a gravel-capable tourer again and decided Honda reliability (and no beak) would get the nod this go-around.

The most fun with BMW ownership was acting the part while looking down my nose at riding buddies then sneering contemptuously at their mode of transport.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In "Long Way Round", Ewan MacGregor stated that he wanted to use big KTMs, but they couldn't get sponsorship. Wonder how that would have gone. :)
I loved the book, watched the series too. Seriously, the guy is not hurting, he could have pulled out his wallet and bought whatever he wanted.

121 - 122 of 122 Posts