Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Okanagan BC, anyone else here?

2016 Black ABS with 4 km on it waiting for snow free mountains, 2 more months.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice. I grew up in Penticton and now live in Langley.
Lots of good riding up there.
Where about in the okanagan u at?
My 2017 red AT won't be here til march/april......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. I was wondering where you bought your AT's from and how they were to deal with? I've been to Holeshot and talked to them. I spend a lot of time in Salmon Arm as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hello. I was wondering where you bought your AT's from and how they were to deal with? I've been to Holeshot and talked to them. I spend a lot of time in Salmon Arm as well. Thanks.
Buying a 2017 CRF Rally Standard at Holeshot - Brian Bently. Scheduled for late February.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm getting mine from Carter Honda at Granville Island in Vancouver.
They've been pretty easy to deal with.
And its only 10mins from my work.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I live in South Surrey / White Rock area and got my AT from Courtenay Motorsport, deposit for a black manual placed October 24th picked it up Nov 4th. I was #2 on the deposit list and was not anticipating delivery until the spring then I got a call saying they unexpectedly got a black manual and silver DCT, #1 guy wanted to wait for the red tricolour so I got the black one.

The dealership owner is a long time family friend and always gives me a great deal on toys.

If anyone is interested there is a meet up group in the Fraser Valley that organizes group rides, three of us did the West Harrison FSR all the way to Pemberton last year. I was still riding the old Tiger at that time.

www.meetup.com/Upper-Fraser-ADV/

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Kelowna. I have been eyeing up the Twin since they were first announced. Finally took the plunge a few weeks ago. Taken it out for a spin a couple times and can't wait for the roads to improve. New snow fall today doesn't help.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Love that Harrison west FSR. We did that three yrs in a row to whistler, stayed overnight, then came back home the same way. Amazing views. And great pub in Pemberton.......serves breakie and dinners....
Have you tried Harrison East FSR to Boston Bar?????
Since they have finished the Hydro Electric Project, the road isn't maintained as well......
But still a nice run.
And some stunning camping spots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice to see and hear from fellow Canuck AT owners. I've had my 2016 Rally AT 2 weeks, just over 500km's on it, but I have been busy working so little time to ride so far. Looking forward to hitting some trails soon here in Southwestern Ontario. Another AT owner who picked his up earlier in the Spring, bought it on a Friday, and had it back in the shop the following Monday for his 1000km check up. He actually put on 1200km's over his first weekend. That's the kind of riding I'm looking forward to.
Still getting used to the riding position again as I've been on Cruisers for the last 11 years, the latest being an Ultra Classic. My legs still want to go forward to the highway pegs when I pull away from a stop sign….. LOL

·
Registered
256 Posts
Same here on those highway pegs, and keep finding myself sitting at the back of the seat instead of up against the tank. Looks like great riding up in BC, will have to bring her up there to get some Canuck Muck on her!

Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same here on those highway pegs, and keep finding myself sitting at the back of the seat instead of up against the tank. Looks like great riding up in BC, will have to bring her up there to get some Canuck Muck on her!

Enjoy the new ride.
Anytime u r up in this hood, could definitely show u some amazing rides.
I might be heading down your way this fall. Don't know if I'm taking the truck & AT, or just the truck.........

·
Registered
256 Posts
Taking a group of friends from back east on a ride in October, Flagstaff to Vegas, Rt 50 Lonliest Rd, to Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Death Valley, back to Vegas and then home. Eight days, 2,500 miles, we do a western state each year. Almost tempted to take the AT,,,almost.

Hope you make it down this way, half of Canada is down here in the winter, Trump is talking about building a wall! Ha Ha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts