Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my new AT I will be getting her after I close on my house sep 9th.
I have bought many bikes from this dealer over the years and have a personal relationship with them.
I put Little cash down & my klr650 is up there for sale as well.
They started ordering my parts as I asked them to.
do to the fact I will be going on a Colorado ride days after with 1 of the owners. so it being ready & having proper protection for the trip is key.
barkbuster or cyrcas next.
probably go with simple dry bags & bungees for a while, do to the cost of the Givi outback trekkers:surprise::crying: that are made specificly for the panniers I bought oops:frown2:.
My plan was to make my own out of my old truck tool box hehe recycle it and use the pre bent corners etc & weld it up make some brackets. If I can figure out a way to make a latch catch in the givi I might still.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Outback motortek i like them . We will see in September how they perform. cause im not a big baby/vagina. I will ride the **** out of my bike and bet your butt she will be dropped at least 1 time in 10 days colrado trails, roads .??? i don't care that's why I have her. Adv riding her off road is my passion. I'm 45 this is my last adv bike i will buy before have to go caged do
to knees hips and old body shutting down. ?? lol ride till i dye blotches.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I purchased the Outback Motortek combo as well and installed, thought the same thing about the flat stock bracket. Not sure if it will be as strong or stronger than the tube stock? I have to say I am happy with the set up, although not sure about some of the clearances to the pipe and the skid bracket on the bottom "resting" on one side??? We will see....I had to order, didn't know what the price would be tomorrow....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I purchased the Outback Motortek combo as well and installed, thought the same thing about the flat stock bracket. Not sure if it will be as strong or stronger than the tube stock? I have to say I am happy with the set up, although not sure about some of the clearances to the pipe and the skid bracket on the bottom "resting" on one side??? We will see....I had to order, didn't know what the price would be tomorrow....
Yes clearance on the left front is a business card width from the pipe:surprise:. I could trim it back & probably will a bit but if I hit something that high up I am probably in over my head to say the least.
I have a friend that can weld anything I want :grin2: so I am not to worried.
On the other hand I was thinking of adding to the left side as well for more wrap around the alternator . I feel if I drop it on left on some rocky crap might be stuck right there. this is what I am talking about .I have seen 1 even bigger being produced on a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccy_7F8mDPc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts