Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks. I am in my 60s rode and raced MCs my whole life until like 10 years ago and have not been on one since. I now live in an awesome motorcycling spot in north San Diego county so I am seriously thinking to buy a standard clutch AT ...called a dealer who linked me to inventory and it appears there are a few 2017s available for just over $10k while 2018 is like $3k more? Is there anything wrong with the 2017 or that is worth extra $3k for the 18? I see the newer has fly by wire throttle and some more traction control settings ...I could probably buy luggage and bars and a center stand with the cash saved on the 17 ...I can afford either but I am practical sometimes to a fault ..anyone? Anyone here life in So cal? Be wanting to link up on some rides if possible!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Love my 2017.
I have been on everything from long highway runs to trails that were I wish I was on my KDX instead of the big machine.
No complaints.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a dyno chart on the forum and a hint the 18 n later are down some 7-8 horsepower, the 18 n later seem to have the fork annodizing issue resolved as well as adding stainless steel spokes.
I bought the 7 manual , when the winter comes in will send out to cogent the forks for reannodizing n rear shock to respring n whatever, our 2 up load with baggage is getting up there. Buccanan stainless spoke kits are about $160.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts