Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just fitted Outback Motortek crashbars to my standard manual 2018 AT. I had to remove the plastic toolbox to get the LHS bar on and it doesn’t look like I’ll get the toolbox back on without some butchering. I think the 2018 toolbox is different to previous models, has anyone else dealt with this issue?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking on the OM website, it looks like they redesigned the bar to address the issue. I picked up 2nd hand bars at a good price, hence my issue.

·
Registered
107 Posts
How did the rest of the install go?

...but now it’s done a non-issue really
Glad to hear that, because I'm interested in the OM full set. What are your first impressions? Was the install - tool box issue aside - an easy one?

TIA
Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a AT 2018 and OM bars. Engine guards and crash bars and bash plate. I have no problem with the toolbox.
The installation takes a time. It takes a few hours. I had buy a lot of new screws and washers and the bash plate hit the exhaust on the front. I put a few washers between the plate so that I have a space of a few mm now between the plate and the exaust.
I mailed OM about that but they do not answer my mail.
Here in Belgium is a dealer from OM now and I will contact them as soon as I have the time.

Tip: Never heat a knife. It is not good for the hardness of the knife. Take a very sharp knife or a saw or a file.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
RVF, OM has now updated their bars to avoid the issue on 2018+ bikes. I got my bars cheap second hand, the only downside being they are pre-2018 bars, hence the toolbox issue.
Not worried about the knife, i value it more for this purpose, plus my wife never noticed it was gone!
MI, my install was a fairly simple process other than the toolbox issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts