Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Outback Motortek Luggage rack, never installed but opened the package to look at instructions so they won't return it. Looking to trade for a Kaoko throttle lock or some Barkbusters but will sell for $125 shipped to lower 48 in U.S. or you can pick up in New Orleans, La.

·
Administrator
2,388 Posts
That is a great price. My wife has already got one mounted to her bike and mine is the ATAS, but hopefully, someone will jump on that. Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a great price. My wife has already got one mounted to her bike and mine is the ATAS, but hopefully, someone will jump on that. Good luck with the sale!
I have an ATAS and accidently purchased this from Outback Motortek. I opened to read the instructions (and realized that it wasn't for my bike) and they wouldn't take it as a return. I figured someone else would get more use out of it since I can't mount it on my bike.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have an ATAS and accidently purchased this from Outback Motortek. I opened to read the instructions (and realized that it wasn't for my bike) and they wouldn't take it as a return. I figured someone else would get more use out of it since I can't mount it on my bike.
One more reason to not buy OM products. Awful customer relations! Every interaction I have had with them was negative. Felt like I was a criminal for asking questions.

·
Administrator
2,388 Posts
One more reason to not buy OM products. Awful customer relations! Every interaction I have had with them was negative. Felt like I was a criminal for asking questions.
Which location did you buy from? I have never had a problem dealing with Mark over the years. He has been really good to us. Even had me calling him at night on the weekends to help me out

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
393 Posts
Which location did you buy from? I have never had a problem dealing with Mark over the years. He has been really good to us. Even had me calling him at night on the weekends to help me out

Last time I dealt with them was around this time last year. I believe I was emailing with one of the owners here in Canada. I had questions regarding the to be released (at the time) ATAS guards. Was a truly terrible experience and was the end of any business between their outfit and myself. In comparison, their Canadian retailers at Dual Sport Plus and the guys at Heed were amazing at answering the same questions without attitude.

·
Administrator
2,388 Posts
Last time I dealt with them was around this time last year. I believe I was emailing with one of the owners here in Canada. I had questions regarding the to be released (at the time) ATAS guards. Was a truly terrible experience and was the end of any business between their outfit and myself. In comparison, their Canadian retailers at Dual Sport Plus and the guys at Heed were amazing at answering the same questions without attitude.
That's too bad. An experience like that can definitely turn you off. I had a really bad experience with AltRider to the point that despite being a long time customer and frequent buyer, I will never buy another thing from them even if they are the only ones making it :)

·
Administrator
2,388 Posts
I was looking to buy one for my ATAS, because I like the one on my wife's bike so much. But did notice on the site that it said: "NOT compatible with Adventure Sports!"

I emailed Lori and he initially said he could sell me a prototype that he had for the ATAS, but then backed out of it. I am not sure why. Maybe he didn't want the liability of selling a prototype?

·
Registered
393 Posts
That's too bad. An experience like that can definitely turn you off. I had a really bad experience with AltRider to the point that despite being a long time customer and frequent buyer, I will never buy another thing from them even if they are the only ones making it :)

I like your style. Having a product I need or want is definitely not a guarantee of my business.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yup. Especially since I had purchased the MAX protection combo with it and specified that it was for an ATAS DCT. I was going to purchase pannier racks from them but now I'm shopping elsewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts