Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did what I found on this site to be the fix for the starting and immediately dying problem. I will only know for 100% that all is good after starting it tomorrow morning, but after the "fix", it starts and keeps running every time!
I took the 2 screws out that hold the kill switch assembly to handlebars, separated the 2 halves. Then I sprayed a few shots of CorrosionX in there and worked the switch several times. Put back together and all is fantastic, waiting for final word when try start in the morning when it is full cold.
A huge Thank You to whoever put this fix up!!!!!:smile2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmm, My dealer says "never heard of such a thing" and "we haven't had any AT's come in with problems". They want $198 to troubleshoot any electronic problems. They want to me to drop it off and they will likely get to it in two weeks. They told me the kill switch is $115. Little more then frustrating. I didn't purchase a new bike to have problems like this at 10,000 Miles. Dealer asked me if I keep it in a garage. Well, yes I do, but it is an ADV bike, so it does get wet sometimes! I took the switch apart like I've seen described. Sprayed it out lightly with electronic cleaner. Gave it a dab of dielectric grease and reassembled. Worked immediately after. Two days later cranked the battery flat trying to start. Pissed!

·
Registered
202 Posts
trying to get Honda to replace mine...no luck yet. dealer said no, im calling Honda Canada next.
Honda Canada claims ignorance and no knowledge of the free replacement

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was having the same problem with mine after washing it or getting caught in the rain.
I used di-electric grease on mine and haven't had a problem since.
Do yourself a favor and do the high beam switch as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts