Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I'm curious about your tires and suspension settings!

Great shot! I'm planning a trip there in the spring. I've heard that the surrounding area is just as good and has less traffic. Did you get to explore much at all?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how did you like going through the dragon on your AT?
The DCT is absolutely amazing on the twisties. Paddle shifting is much faster than clutch and toe shift and more fun as well! I enjoyed the Dragon this labor day - my first time there with the AT.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm curious about your tires and suspension settings!

Great shot! I'm planning a trip there in the spring. I've heard that the surrounding area is just as good and has less traffic. Did you get to explore much at all?
My tires are the OEM Dunlops. Running 29psi front and 38psi rear. Suspension setting is still at the factory settings - haven't felt an urge yet to experiment.

I live a little over 100 miles from the Dragon and have ridden up this way a lot on my Gold Wing. I came up through Suches, Georgia, to Morganton Geogia, to Ducktown TN, to Tellico Plains TN, rode the Cherohala Skyway to Robbinsville NC, to Deals Gap, The Tail of the Dragon, and then back to GA through Blairsville down 129 to home. 375 miles round trip. This was my first trip up here with the AT and loved every minute of it.

I can't wait to get my upper fairing crash bars (black) from Touratech. I bought the engine crash bars (black) from them and they fit perfect. Once I get the fairing crash bars I will finally take it off road - which is were this bike keeps telling me it begs to go.

There are tons of great asphalt roads in this area as well as north Geogia, North Carolina, Virginia, W VA, and northern SC. Plus, many great off highway roads to explore.

Final word - this bike is a GREAT all around motorcycle for any riding style. JMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts