Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My name is Eric. I live and work in Ghent (B)
Soon expecting the AT Rally Red and meanwhile riding a Yamaha Super Tenere.

I always was a Honda-fan, so when this bike came out I couldn't resist.
2 years ago I broke my left hand in a sheep-colision and since having difficulties with the clutch after 300 km ridin', DCT was a very good option for me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mine first week of march DCT to(Honda Van Den Borre Bruxelles). Did you now in France the have the possibility to buy a maintenance contract for 3 year for about 600€. This including one more year of warranty means three years warranty. Did ask Honda why it doesn't exist in Belgium The don't now anything about a maintenance contract.
I thought It was managed by Honda Europe but it isn't. I was interested in one year more warranty you never now. I had three years warranty on my VFR1200F that I bought in 2012.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine first week of march DCT to(Honda Van Den Borre Bruxelles). Did you now in France the have the possibility to buy a maintenance contract for 3 year for about 600€. This including one more year of warranty means three years warranty. Did ask Honda why it doesn't exist in Belgium The don't now anything about a maintenance contract.
I thought It was managed by Honda Europe but it isn't. I was interested in one year more warranty you never now. I had three years warranty on my VFR1200F that I bought in 2012.
The maintenance contract,? Never heard about it.
I have lots of confidence in my dealer, Felix & Jos in Beringen. Always found reasonable solutions whenever something was wrong.
Delivery should be next week, but I ordered some Touratech-features. And the importer for Belgium is known for being a little slow. So I believe I won't have the AT next week.
We'll see...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hei Eric, van Gent jong. Welcome, I'm from your region but live in Kasterlee, Belgium for now. And I have the same curriculum : from super ténéré to Africa Twin, specially because of the lightness, the fun factor and the legend....
Just have 1000 km now, and waiting for better weather to get her first maintenance. Do you already have the tripmaster and the book?
Groeten
Bart

Ps : mine also from F en J !

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hei Eric, van Gent jong. Welcome, I'm from your region but live in Kasterlee, Belgium for now. And I have the same curriculum : from super ténéré to Africa Twin, specially because of the lightness, the fun factor and the legend....
Just have 1000 km now, and waiting for better weather to get her first maintenance. Do you already have the tripmaster and the book?
Groeten
Bart

Ps : mine also from F en J !
Bart, I live & work in Gent but my hometown is... Mol :laugh:
Tripmaster and book??? Is it something which comes with the AT?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mol ! We should do some adventure in the Kempen.... :) Yes, indeed, the first 100 AT's sold in Belgium come with an tripmaster and a book with the history of teh Africa Twin. Ask Felix and Jos about it. Tripmasters should arrive one of these days.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe it's the first 100 in Europe.... hope not...
In mean time I read about it and called Jef (F&J). He could not tell if I was within the first 100. But if I am, I will get the tripmaster & book . They are linked to the bikes.
Crossing fingers :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ja.... I'll let you know, hope my gear will arrive this week.

By the way, do you have the OEM heated grips? I'm not very satisfied and I'm not the only one. Hope Honda finds a solution...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today F&J called to say the bike arrived. Because of the options they have to mount and the lot of work they have, it will be ready "only" next week.
I did have heated grips on my Pan European, but nearly never used them. On my S10 I never missed them. So I did not order these grips.
For me a good pair of gloves is more important. ;-)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Tripmaster

Greetings bikers,
Especially our Belgian friends from Gent and Kasterlee ,
I am from Antwerpen but living in Genk now ,
Picking up the tricolour AT today ( dispite the rain) at F&J , Davey , from the shop told me that the tripmaster and book is arriving in April , they come for the first 100 AT, s sold here .

Hope we can go for a ride out one day with a few Belgian AT owners, ( see the Ride out topic):wink2:
Luc

·
Registered
104 Posts
Greetings bikers,
Picking up the tricolour AT today ( dispite the rain) at F&J , Davey , from the shop told me that the tripmaster and book is arriving in April , they come for the first 100 AT, s sold here .

Hope we can go for a ride out one day with a few Belgian AT owners, ( see the Ride out topic):wink2:
Luc

Absolutely. Well, as mine (R Red) arrived in the mid of january, and as I'm now waiting for a dry moment to get my first service, I"ll get the tripmaster one of these days, according to Dave....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Greetings bikers,
A small country and still everybody moving elswhere :grin2:

Luc, When did you order yours? And what number did you have?
Probably mine will we ready next week.
If I can get it on friday, the next day F&J will see me back for the first service 0:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
And who of you ordered heated grips? I read that Honda admits the problem in the UK. In Belgium, not yet.... It seems to be a problem with SOME of the grips, not all of them...

·
Registered
69 Posts
She is here

I picked her up today ,
from F&J , had rain , sun , hailstorm , and wind on the way down to Genk ,
we were both baptised :wink2:

But what a bike , it's a pleasure to ride , and the heated grips felt ok so far.
Waiting for the tripmaster that should arrive in April according to Davy from the shop .

Luc

1 - 20 of 60 Posts