Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 CRF1000 Adventure Sport running problem. Anyone had experience with this issue?

The bike is starting and cutting out. The bike will run over 4000rpm, but if it drops below that, it cuts out. We have ruled out the starter switch. (Replaced with new on), Injectors and fuel system has been cleaned. That includes removing fuel pump filter (tea bag) and parts cleaned in ultrasound tank. Fuel pump pressure tests and holds 55psi. There are no trouble codes.
We have found that the bike runs with the MAP sensor unplugged ( first video) however, we replaced the map sensor with a new one and the same issue occurs. ( see second and third video).
Would be interested to hear from anyone who has experienced same issue. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
664 Posts
2016 CRF1000 Adventure Sport running problem. Anyone had experience with this issue?

The bike is starting and cutting out. The bike will run over 4000rpm, but if it drops below that, it cuts out. We have ruled out the starter switch. (Replaced with new on), Injectors and fuel system has been cleaned. That includes removing fuel pump filter (tea bag) and parts cleaned in ultrasound tank. Fuel pump pressure tests and holds 55psi. There are no trouble codes.
We have found that the bike runs with the MAP sensor unplugged ( first video) however, we replaced the map sensor with a new one and the same issue occurs. ( see second and third video).
Would be interested to hear from anyone who has experienced same issue. Thanks everyone.
Is there a way to check the map sensor? Because a part is new does not mean it is good. I once got burned when 3 of my 4 spare modules were faulty and all were still in the manufacturer's boxes as shipped. A faulty new part doesn't happen often, but it does sometimes happen. What else is in the same circuit as the map sensor? Check wires and connections from the map sensor to the device that monitors the sensor. These are what comes to mind quickly. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I ran into a similar issue recently. The throttle body butterflies are supposed to be checked every 1600 miles. One cylinder was flowing much more than the other two. Synced them back up and it's running smooth again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there a way to check the map sensor? Because a part is new does not mean it is good. I once got burned when 3 of my 4 spare modules were faulty and all were still in the manufacturer's boxes as shipped. A faulty new part doesn't happen often, but it does sometimes happen. What else is in the same circuit as the map sensor? Check wires and connections from the map sensor to the device that monitors the sensor. These are what comes to mind quickly. Let us know what you find.
Thanks for your suggestion. The map sensor was tested on another bike and ran fine but I take your point about not trusting new parts. Have had similar experience before as well.
Idle air control valve perhaps?
Yes. IACV being tested now. No throwing any fault codes though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I ran into a similar issue recently. The throttle body butterflies are supposed to be checked every 1600 miles. One cylinder was flowing much more than the other two. Synced them back up and it's running smooth again.
Ah hell. I was looking at the wrong forum! I was talking about my Yamaha YXZ 1000 side by side with a three cylinder. Sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts