Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just taken delivery of a 2020 ATAS and have looked at connecting up my connection point for an Optimate charger. I previously had a permanent connection in place on my Varadero and I'm looking to do the same on the AT.
It looks like there's a lot of plastic to remove to get to the battery terminals in order to connect the lead - does anyone have any experience/advice on fitting charging cables to one of the new bikes?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
821 Posts
On the 2019 AT model I just pulled the lame "toolbox" off, connected the fused battery-terminal-to-SAE cable to the battery and routed to the SAE connector end to where I wanted it. I re-installed the lame toolbox.

I connected my motorcycle 12V lithium battery-compatible charger to the SAE connector and topped up the battery. No drama.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've fitted a Noco genius lead with charge state LED to my 2020, you will need to make a cut out for both connections on the tool box backing plate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've fitted a Noco genius lead with charge state LED to my 2020, you will need to make a cut out for both connections on the tool box backing plate.
Thanks Sonic, I'll take a closer look at the area around the tool box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts