Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Outback Motortek Adventure Standard Pannier Racks + Nelson-Rigg Deluxe Adventure Dry Saddlebags

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  YYC-Wazzy 
Looks good Matt. Just purchased the same bags for mine, opted for the SW Motech Pro Side Carrier pannier racks and installed them last week. I’m anxious to hit the road and try them out. (y)

Thanks, how did you find the installation of the SW's?

I would love to know what you think about that support bar? I have been contemplating that purchase for a couple months now. Have you "tested" it well? I have even thought about making my own... I still don't have any of my welders hooked up.
The Pro Side Carriers were really easy to install. Instructions were pretty good but it’s very self explanatory just looking at some online pics. They are as simple to install as they look.

I looked at the H&B brace a number of times but have always thought that if I install a high fender kit it would likely interfere. Instead I installed GIVI lower engine guards which except for very rare occasions should eliminate the need for the brace.

The first time we took a nap the upper bars flexed and marked the fairing. Not badly though and the bars went back to their original position. Since installing the lower engine guards...nothing touches up top anymore unless you’re laying it down on big rocks or a stump or something like that.

Yeah it was a toss up between the SW Motech and Outback Motortek for sure. I didn’t really consider any other options. It was going to be the OM but what sold me on the SW M is the narrower profile. I have limited storage space for the bike and with the SW M I can still fit a tool tube inside the left pannier. That was enough to turn me away from the OM. As you said the SW Motech Carriers are rock solid. More than I actually anticipated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.