Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L – Pannier Racks $295.00 total price after tax and shipping $328.45
Ordered from VA. US website. Note: Be careful which site you order from.

Clams:
Very strong:
Mounting points: uses one stock mounting point. forward stock seat mounting point.
Confirmed to work with Giant Loop’s quick-release luggage plate, Giant Loop MotoTrekk, Wolfman and Mosko Moto pannier bags. Soon available for Kriega OS bags.
Will be testing with another brand using the puck system.

Designed by Adventure Moto Australia and manufactured by Outback Motortek.
The new X-Frames are the most universal and functional side pannier frames yet, allowing simple, secure mounting of Rotopax, hard panniers and soft luggage.
Matte black powder-coated mild steel frames with an alloy X-bracket with multiple Rotopax mounting positions for custom weight distribution, as well as multiple tie-down points.
You can even remove the X-Bracket from your frames when running Hard Luggage to reduce the frame weight.

Note: Not much information on the internet for this product:
Install pic's coming soon

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would like to know if they make the racks for 2018 to present. The mounting point at the passenger peg bracket is different. Seems like no one makes racks for 18 and up.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would like to know if they make the racks for 2018 to present. The mounting point at the passenger peg bracket is different. Seems like no one makes racks for 18 and up.
Touratech do for sure.

When I traded my '16 AT for a '19 ATAS, I thought I would just be able to move the rack from one bike to the next, but discovered that rear mounting point change. Touratech does have a rack that fits the 18/19 models.

I am not thrilled that I had to buy another rack to get the panniers to work on the new bike (Thanks Honda!), but it's cheaper than a whole new setup.

https://touratech-usa.com/Store/Pannier-Rack-Honda-Africa-Twin-CRF1000L

That said, the Outback Motortek racks do have a drop down for '18 - Adventure Sports, which I would assume means it will fit all '18 and above models. Drop an email to Mark (USA) or Lorry and ask and they should get back fairly quick with a reply.

https://usshop.outbackmotortek.com/product/honda-africa-twin-crf1000l-pannier-racks/

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I fitted Outback Motortek racks to my 2018. Hardest bit was fitting the rear bar. Good thing is no drilling required for this model. The supplied instructions aren’t very good but use your common sense and you’ll get there. Some of the bolts seem a bit underdone too, but I’ve just completed a 3000km outback trip, which included dropping my bike a couple of times in sand, and They passed with flying colours

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow. Almost $500 just for the racks! Nope. Got Mosko Moto reckless 80 on the way.
Only $224 including shipping from Mosko Moto for the standard version of the Outback Motortek racks. The standard version is a standard hoop design similar to the Touratech racks.

Just installed them on my 2017 Twin. Very lightweight and strong design...I'm impressed. Would like to add Mosko's backcountry panniers but may be settling for something like the Wolfman Rocky Mtn saddle bags.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Only $224 including shipping from Mosko Moto for the standard version of the Outback Motortek racks. The standard version is a standard hoop design similar to the Touratech racks.

Just installed them on my 2017 Twin. Very lightweight and strong design...I'm impressed. Would like to add Mosko's backcountry panniers but may be settling for something like the Wolfman Rocky Mtn saddle bags.

Can you post a picture of your installed racks? Thanks Cheers!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Could you post a picture of your whole bike? I'd like to see the entire Outback Motortek setup you have! I have the same bike and debating between this and Altrider. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Nice setup Sir!! Are those Mosko Scout 25s on the back? will they mount up with the x brace installed on the pannier rack? I am looking to put the same setup on mine. Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks really sharp! I was undecided until this weekend. Kind of wanted the Altrider to maintain the more OEM look and for the stainless tubes (no rust and good experience with previous Altrider products). I attended the IMS show in CLE this weekend and stopped in to see the Revzilla guys since I'd never seen them there before. They said it was their first IMS. Was looking at helmets and was told that everything was 20% off site wide. Didn't hit me at first but then I went back and asked EVERTHING? Yes! Ordered the full Altrider setup right then and there at 20% off. Decision made. Done. Shipped. Should arrive tomorrow. Super deal and the employee I deal with was superbly helpful. Psyched about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts