Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Africa Twin Standard
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of Outback Motortek pannier racks and Mosko Moto panniers. That's it fairly straight forward and easy to do. Oh and installed a GPR steering stabilizer a few months ago but didn't have any pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Smxhuber, like the setup, am researching the same rack / bag combo's now.
Is the pannier offset from the bike the same for both paniers or is one slightly less ?
How did the fitment of the mounting wedges go, any obstructions, did you purchase the standard pannier frame or the X-frame ?
Did you go with the Backcountry 35L, 25L or the offset combo ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey mr_grumble, I got the asymmetrical racks and no X-frame as Mosko moto said to use the standard racks. For the bag I got the 25/35 combo. No issues with mounting or the wedges was really easy to mount everything. As for the offset it could be better in my opinion as the left side with the 25l bags sits further out than the right side but plenty of clearance for the exhaust.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oh right....so let me get this straight, the asymmetrical design it to enable the right hand side pannier to clear the exhaust whilst the left hand side enables the panniers to sit closer in to the bike yes ?
May I ask what advantage is there by opting for the 35L / 25L combo instead of same either side ?
Don't mind me, am looking at purchasing the luggage before the bike 🙄

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh right....so let me get this straight, the asymmetrical design it to enable the right hand side pannier to clear the exhaust whilst the left hand side enables the panniers to sit closer in to the bike yes ?
May I ask what advantage is there by opting for the 35L / 25L combo instead of same either side ?
Don't mind me, am looking at purchasing the luggage before the bike 🙄
Basically yes the asymmetrical rack are supposed to allow the bags to sit in closer on the left side meaning (I guess) if you got the symmetrical racks the left side would sit out further same as the right. Mosko Moto recommends the asymmetrical standard racks so that is what I got. As for the 35L / 25L combo my thinking was this would also improve the balance of the bags as I mounted the 35L bag on the left side and the 25l on the right exhaust side. To be honest I don't think it mattered and doing the 35L / 35L bag option is probably the smarter choice. Also I can't tell any difference between the 25 and 35 bags they look exactly the same to me but I haven't tried loading anything yet. Here is a picture from the rear for reference, sorry not the best pic. In the end the right exhaust side with the smaller 25L bag does sit out further than the left side with the bigger 35L bag and the asymmetrical racks only allow the left side to sit closer to the bike. Hope that all makes sense!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts