Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps it's just me but I've been reading the owners manual of the Africa Twin and find it confusing and lacking explanations. Yes it explains what features the bike has and how to operate them but fails to explain their purpose. Thank goodness for Google search! Also why on earth is the power setting 0 for max power and 4 for minimum when the other adjustments are the other way round??? Confused to say the least!

·
Registered
408 Posts
you're not wrong regarding the instructions, you'll just keep re reading them at intervals.
Easy way to think of the blue marks (no's) is to think of each mark as comp interference, so more marks equals more intervention.
sorta makes sense then...sorta

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wait till you try to notice any actual change or explaination in the Engine Braking settings, that'll mess with your mind.

·
Registered
2020 CRF1100L DCT
3 Posts
Perhaps it's just me but I've been reading the owners manual of the Africa Twin and find it confusing and lacking explanations. Yes it explains what features the bike has and how to operate them but fails to explain their purpose. Thank goodness for Google search! Also why on earth is the power setting 0 for max power and 4 for minimum when the other adjustments are the other way round??? Confused to say the least!
I agree....riding today on Vancouver Island I thought the indcator scheme is an ergonomic mess. However I prefer Honda start with the LHS control block...surely some young designers in a proper school can come up with something better

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also why on earth is the power setting 0 for max power and 4 for minimum when the other adjustments are the other way round???
The more colors you have on the dashboard, the more electronics it uses. When I tried to use this logic, it made a little bit more sense

1 - 5 of 5 Posts