Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
The way the "supposed mechanic" had wired mine up,he chopped off the round battery connectors and joined really thin wires on to loom so they came on with the ignition,not only would these thin wires have got hot but hardly any heat was coming from the grips,i connected them back up how they are supposed to be to the battery they are now so hot hardly ever have them on above 50%.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Had the same problem but got mine 99% of the way on and just left it like that.

The left side has been a nightmare from day 1. I have tried Honda grip cement and a million other solutions and have a five page thread here documenting all of it. Right side is a little too tight, but I got lucky. Left side is a little too lose and the only thing I have left to try is Gorilla glue. I'll try that this summer.

NC

·
Registered
129 Posts
Had the same problem but got mine 99% of the way on and just left it like that.

The left side has been a nightmare from day 1. I have tried Honda grip cement and a million other solutions and have a five page thread here documenting all of it. Right side is a little too tight, but I got lucky. Left side is a little too lose and the only thing I have left to try is Gorilla glue. I'll try that this summer.

NC
Superglue from the £ shop seems to have stuck my left grip this far:surprise:

·
Registered
297 Posts
The glue never held on mine--it twists, slowly, but it won't slide off, of course. I did find it can interfere with the DCT upshift trigger if it turns too far, but I just live with it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
A mountain biking trick is to use hair spray when fighting grips. It is a lubricant to get them on and then is a mild adhesive to keep them there. Compressed air aimed under the grip to get them off.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts