Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reviewing all the heated grip options I have decided to go with the Oxford.

My main reasons are: The Honda grips are way overpriced and don't seem to work real well.
They are fairly easy to install.
The quality seems to be good.
Most important... they get hot !!!
And for $100 how can you go wrong.

Now, which model/size do I need so that I don't have to trim them or trim them the least ????

Thanks, Ti04

·
Registered
52 Posts
I went with the Adventure model. I only had to trim them to the line marked by Oxford on the grips to make them fit well. The left side went on with no issues and fit well almost out of the box. The throttle side needed a little material removal for a nice fit.

Well worth it.

-steve

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too went with the Adventure model and had to trim, i believe the Sport model would work without trimming...
But they work great! I did want the oem for the integration, but price and oem's not working made me switch..

·
Registered
107 Posts
p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; } Hi!

I‘ve made the same experience as OU812 with my Oxford Touring model.

After using them for some 700 KM I‘ve found heating and handling of the Oxford excellent as well.

Cheers, Gerhard

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Oxford Touring model and the right one stopped working after about 10 uses. I confirmed the voltage is good. I also did a resistance check and found the defective grip had a very high resistance in the megohm range where as the working grip was 6.5 ohms. Going to try to get warranty on it but a big PIA to swap it out not to mention now with the cooler weather is when I need it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have just fitted the Oxford Adventure grips for the same reason, cost, effectiveness. One point to consider when fitting the left side grip, make sure you can pull the clutch lever all the way in. I stupidly just used the arrow marked on the grip and it looked well clear but with the shape of the clutch lever it just caught it! Fixed now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts