Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I was looking at heated grips and I saw some that had the switch buttons made into the left-hand grip. I thought they were Oxford but today, when I decided to order them, all the Oxford grips seem to have a separate switch that mounts somewhere on the bars. I did a google search and I can't find any grips like I discribe. Was I dreaming? :surprise:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was quick. Thank you very much. Another question. Do I need the one that 7/8 on one side and 1 inch on the other?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to power the new grips from the stock pigtail on the wiring harness. Does anyone know where I can get the connectors to match the stock outlet?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Eastern Beaver, or Rugged Roads.

I have purchased from Eastern Beaver and they are great! Order some extra push rivets too, always handy to have spares when you take apart the faring.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would like to power the new grips from the stock pigtail on the wiring harness. Does anyone know where I can get the connectors to match the stock outlet?
I have a set of Koso Apollo grips, but haven't installed them yet. I assumed I would have to run them straight to the battery. There is a stock pig tail these can be hooked up to? This would be great if there is. Can anyone advise where this is located?

Thank you!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think the instructions say to run them to 12V positive that is controlled by the ignition switch. This is the best way to prevent draining the battery by accident.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts