Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My black Heed bars are on the way and was thinking to make them invisible with paint (or with a wrap/decal) wherever it passes in front of the plastics. Has anyone tried this? Any clues on how to do this before I install the bars? Plan to also make the bash plate black, and touch both up as they get scraped up. As my trail riding gets better and more advanced I'll upgrade parts as needed. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
167 Posts
I saw an ATAS that painted the bars and plate white to match the frame, and I think it looked really good. I need to stop plowing through scrub before I do that though. My skidplate would quickly look trashed if I did that (it already bears the scars of my path choices). I haven't named my bike yet - but Bushwhacker seems appropriate. If I went by what my friends say it would be "Don't follow Robert". But thats' too long. :) Hmmm, my kayaking friends say the same thing...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have painted my bars after a dust up. Rustoleum paint to match the colour- proper prep with some fine sanding and jam a piece of cardboard behind to limit overspray. No problem.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I saw an ATAS that painted the bars and plate white to match the frame, and I think it looked really good. I need to stop plowing through scrub before I do that though. My skidplate would quickly look trashed if I did that (it already bears the scars of my path choices). I haven't named my bike yet - but Bushwhacker seems appropriate. If I went by what my friends say it would be "Don't follow Robert". But thats' too long. :) Hmmm, my kayaking friends say the same thing...
Bushbashing the AT & Kayaking, you have to love that:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
1,693 Posts
My black Heed bars are on the way and was thinking to make them invisible with paint (or with a wrap/decal) wherever it passes in front of the plastics. Has anyone tried this? Any clues on how to do this before I install the bars? Plan to also make the bash plate black, and touch both up as they get scraped up. As my trail riding gets better and more advanced I'll upgrade parts as needed. Thank you in advance
I think it would be a “hard sell” to do simply because the bars are physically a bit far off from the colors you are matching and the curves/lines of the bike will offset the colors when you are looking at it from different angles.. But I have thought lighted acrylic bars would look sweet, VERY INEFFECTIVE as “crash” bars, but sweet looking non the less... It would make it less noticeable at the very least more like its part of the bike instead of something added on.. kinda like noivson’s white looks more like an extension of the frame than an aftermarket add on..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts