Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
Thought I'd say HELLO first as a newbie. Get my ATAS delivered today!!!!
One question I had was the potential cost for having the ignition key set up for some s/hand Honda panniers I've got my eye on? I'm told any Honda dealer can do this for me but not sure of costs.
Any help would be most appreciated.

All the best

Gary

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got my panniers today and keyed all my locks to the ignition key. It's not hard to do and not expensive, just need to buy the 3 key lock kits from Honda which cost me $16.96 per kit. There is no special skill needed to do the job yourself. The first lock is the hardest one but once it's done you know which tumblers go in each space and the other locks are then easy to put together. I would not be paying someone to do the job.

If you go to Honda's website you can find the instructions on how it's done. I'd post the link but I'm not allowed, having only one post on the forum.

Reactions: Petros Galiatsis

·
Registered
114 Posts
I did mine last weekend. Follow the instructions online and it is not hard. First cylinder took a while but 2nd one maybe 5 minutes. Write down the first ones tumbler numbers and location per instructions. Don't pay anyone it's easy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought my panniers with the bike. My dealer just sorted the key out so it fits everything
You might be able to negotiate it in with the price

·
Registered
361 Posts
Definitely do it yourself. It's kind of fun, like working a puzzle in a RPG on your XBox.

If you're forty or over, make sure you have your reading glasses... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts