Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running Mosko Soft luggage and if so what pannier racks are they on? Mosko only recommend touratech and I know there are other options but alsa will they work?

·
Registered
977 Posts
They will work on SW Motech racks. I've had them mounted on my AT before without issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Mosko Moto 35L Backcountry bags mounted on Touratech racks but there is a small problem. On the 2018 AT the left side pillion hand grip interferes with the locking mechanism of the bags. Right side is fine. I feel the mounting doesn’t really need to be locked but it is annoying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm using the Givi racks but had to shim the left side out almost an inch to clear the handrail.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have the Mosko Moto 35L Backcountry bags mounted on Touratech racks but there is a small problem. On the 2018 AT the left side pillion hand grip interferes with the locking mechanism of the bags. Right side is fine. I feel the mounting doesn’t really need to be locked but it is annoying.
I lost one because I forgot to properly latch it on.
The newer mounting plates come with a latch that you can put a lock on after closing.
But that doesn't mean you have to lock it, just closing properly will keep it on.
I've used BC35 on numerous trips with SWM racks and thoroughly tested them, too

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I lost one because I forgot to properly latch it on.
The newer mounting plates come with a latch that you can put a lock on after closing.
But that doesn't mean you have to lock it, just closing properly will keep it on.
I've used BC35 on numerous trips with SWM racks and thoroughly tested them, too
I have the ones with the new mounting plates. The problem is it won’t quite close properly on the left side, the hand grip gets in the way. The mechanism to latch it has to be lifted and twisted to latch, the hand grip gets in the way of that. I have been leaving it in the open unlatched position, not optimal but I don’t think the bags can fall off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Givi PL1144CAM, work perfect you just have to make a plate so the wedge clears thread holes at the bottom of the rack, Givi PL1144CAM are made for hard case panniers they are over engineered and should take any fall, what I like about them is they use the original Honda mounting locations.

5/5 for Mosko Moto gear they quality is second to none.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe just about any standard hoop rack (e.g. Hep Becker -- which is what I run my backcountry panniers on) will work.
At least that's what Mosko tech support told me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm using the Givi racks but had to shim the left side out almost an inch to clear the handrail.

What did you use to get the wedges to clear? I just installed the PLR1144 quick-release racks and have the same problem, but I only need about 10mm extra width for the bag frames to clear the grab rail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What did you use to get the wedges to clear? I just installed the PLR1144 quick-release racks and have the same problem, but I only need about 10mm extra width for the bag frames to clear the grab rail.
Aluminum bar stock and a washer or two to even things. I went out farther than I needed as it was a last minute install before a big trip and I didn't want any hassles on the road. Planning to tweak it a bit this winter but it was very solid.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The Mosko Moto website says this regarding Touratech pannier rack fitment: Touratech *Remove locking loop on latch located on pannier frame for newer Africa Twin & newer BMW 1200GS models.

Can anyone who has the MM 35L Backcountry bags better describe what this means in terms of functionality of the bags with the Touratech rack? I was sold on the Touratech rack with MM 35L Backcountry bags until I read this thread.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Posed this question to MM: Hey Guys,I have a 2018 Africa Twin ATAS and I was planning on using Touratech pannier racks with your 35L Backcountry bags but I'd like to know what this means first (with respect to functionality of the bags on the Touratech racks): Touratech *Remove locking loop on latch located on pannier frame for newer Africa Twin & newer BMW 1200GS models.Thanks!

This was their response: Thanks for your message and your interest in our gear. Since you have the ATAS you will have no issues with the lock. Your passenger grab bars are not as wide as the normal AT bars. The latch will fit past the bars without a problem and the bags will look awesome on your bike. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
33 Posts
l was told by a guy who manufactures racks who said the '16-'17 racks won't fit a 2018 ATAS. l wonder if the grab handle is the reason for that. Thoughts?

·
Registered
577 Posts
l was told by a guy who manufactures racks who said the '16-'17 racks won't fit a 2018 ATAS. l wonder if the grab handle is the reason for that. Thoughts?
Bit late for an answer but the rear rack has been redesigned on MY2018+.
So, the guy was correct. 3rd party vendors had to tweak the bolt patterns to fit newer ATs.

Reactions: Slamber
1 - 19 of 19 Posts