Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm awaiting delivery of my 2018 AT Adventure Sport. I've ordered the OEM Honda Panniers. My wife plans to travel on the back and I'm concerned about her comfort with a top bag. I've noticed a lot of them are passenger seat mounted which I'm assuming means they would be where she sits. I would like to have a nice weatherproof possibly expandable bag that would just fit onto the back rack only. Maybe even something that would give her a bit of a backrest however not necessary. Does anyone have any suggestions of either a particular product or company to look at for this purpose? Thanks in advance.
Wrany

·
Registered
361 Posts
SW Motech makes multiple tail bag in different sizes, at least two of which are expandable. They fit the top rack, though adding the Altrider rack plates helps a lot with stability and ease of mounting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was recently in to the local BMW dealer and they have several sizes of soft bags that are water proof, and are designed to be used over the rear top rack. The bags even have a recessed feature on the bottom of the bag with an under slip, designed to slip over and cup the tail end of your rear rack. It comes with an assortment of nylon strapping with the plastic buckle quick release fasteners.

The only drawback (if you care) is that they are stenciled with a subdued "BMW" logo and run in the neighborhood of $200 - $300. The bag is solid gray in color with reflective bits and very well made with intelligent design in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a big Wolfman expandable bag that I strapped on the rack of my ATAS this past fall, rode through the most horrendous rain for a few days riding out west and it didnt allow any water inside. Easy to use, lots of nylon straps, I'd buy again. Excellent purchase, would recommend !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts