Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used Jesse luggage pannier system www.jesseluggage.com very successfully all over Africa and I have to say from my experience and from what else I saw in Africa - they are the best in the business of long distance travel interms of security and durability.
Unfortunately i have just learned they will now not have AT panniers until the end of the year and I am planning another trip on the Pan America at the end of October.
Does anyone have any experience of other very robust panniers that will stand the hardships of long distance ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have, today, fitted a set of Bumot panniers. I am very impressed with the build quality and locking system .. I'd suggest they are very secure and strong. I've not travelled across Africa but have toured in Australia and Europe ... they are certainly much better than anything I have used before. Certainly worth a look.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Soft pannier security

Hi all,

My last 4 bikes all had jesse panniers. Last trip Cape town to England was with Jesse's on a klr.

The boxes themselves I can't fault - The racks that slide forward and back are another matter.

Multiple breaks/welds all the time - the tube wall thickness just didn't seem up to it.

If you are able make your own racks that run over the back of the bike so the weight is to the top of the sub frame and not just bolted to the side would be better.

The photos are from halfway down the range before Bella Coola in Canada. A twit on bike decided that I would look better as road kill and hit me from behind. Was unable to repair the box and so replaced it.

With the AT I'm staying away from Jesse and giving the Nomada Pro a try - all reports I've read paint a pretty picture.

A word about soft panniers/gear - I've lost soft tank panniers to a sharp knife while ducking into a shop. Try piano/guitar wire threaded lengthways on your straps - but as always - if the buggars want it badly enough they will get it somehow.

Cheers big ears

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how did your Beumot panniers do on the trip - I'm about to purchase the larger ones from Rugged Roads along with the tool box

1 - 6 of 6 Posts