Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After spending thousands in extras for my AT, I've decided to trade it in and go in a different direction. I'm pulling off most of the extras, as they really don't fetch any extra on a trade. I am located in Massachusetts, if you want to meet up and save shipping costs.

Seat concepts comfort seat (black) - this is a complete seat, not just the kit. Much more comfy than the stock seat. $175 + shipping. SOLD

Tusk pillion rack - $65 + shipping

Givi Airflow windscreen. These work great for turbulence free wind protection. I did drill two holes in the lower portion to be able to lower the upper screen some. I found it too high as it came. $80 + shipping.

IMS footpegs. Heavy duty and grippy. $65 + shipping.

Original knuckle-guards (white) $25 + shipping.
Original skid-plate $25 + shipping.

NITRON R3 shock with remote preload adjuster. The R3 shock is NITRONs premium shock. The R3 has a full aluminum alloy body and a 40mm piston for extreme dampening. With the added hydraulic preload adjuster you can easily and quickly adjust the height of the suspension. With 16 clicks of high speed compression, 26 clicks low speed compression, and 24 clicks of rebound the shock is fully adjustable to the rider and any terrain.
This would be a great choice for a heavier rider, or one who carries a lot of gear. Much better than the oem shock. This cost $1500 new. It has around 6-7000 miles on it. $750 + shipping.

Nitron TVT fork Cartridge kit. $550 + shipping.

I also bought a set of fork tubes from another rider that he had hard-anodized (in black). No internals, though, and there's a slight scratch/wear mark on one of the chrome tubes. $200 + shipping.

Full set (front and rear) of new, unopened, EBC sintered brake pads. cost $120 new. Here, $75 + shipping.

Now the biggie.... 17/19 Rally Raid Tubeless Wheel set (Black rims and hubs w/ stainless spokes). Complete with Metzeler Tourance tires. I can't tell you how much better the bike handles on pavement with this set-up. That skinny 21-inch front is great off-road, but not so great on the road. Plus they're tubeless, and overall much better quality wheels than the stock ones. heavy duty stainless spokes - unlike the crappy stock spokes that corrode in no time. Less than 2000 miles on them. Still like new.
Wheels sell new for $1700 with shipping, plus around $300 for the tires, for a total original cost of ~ $2000. You can have them for only $1200 + shipping.

I think that's it for now. I'll try and post some pics up tomorrow.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
***One more: full set (front and rear) of new, unopened, EBC sintered brake pads. cost $120 new. Here, $75 + shipping. Edited original to post to include.

·
Registered
113 Posts
After spending thousands in extras for my AT, I've decided to trade it in and go in a different direction. I'm pulling off most of the extras, as they really don't fetch any extra on a trade. I am located in Massachusetts, if you want to meet up and save shipping costs.

Seat concepts comfort seat (black) - this is a complete seat, not just the kit. Much more comfy than the stock seat. $175 + shipping. SOLD

Tusk pillion rack - $65 + shipping

Givi Airflow windscreen. These work great for turbulence free wind protection. I did drill two holes in the lower portion to be able to lower the upper screen some. I found it too high as it came. $80 + shipping.

IMS footpegs. Heavy duty and grippy. $65 + shipping.

Original knuckle-guards (white) $25 + shipping.
Original skid-plate $25 + shipping.

NITRON R3 shock with remote preload adjuster. The R3 shock is NITRONs premium shock. The R3 has a full aluminum alloy body and a 40mm piston for extreme dampening. With the added hydraulic preload adjuster you can easily and quickly adjust the height of the suspension. With 16 clicks of high speed compression, 26 clicks low speed compression, and 24 clicks of rebound the shock is fully adjustable to the rider and any terrain.
This would be a great choice for a heavier rider, or one who carries a lot of gear. Much better than the oem shock. This cost $1500 new. It has around 6-7000 miles on it. $750 + shipping.

Nitron TVT fork Cartridge kit. $550 + shipping.

I also bought a set of fork tubes from another rider that he had hard-anodized (in black). No internals, though, and there's a slight scratch/wear mark on one of the chrome tubes. $200 + shipping.

Full set (front and rear) of new, unopened, EBC sintered brake pads. cost $120 new. Here, $75 + shipping.

Now the biggie.... 17/19 Rally Raid Tubeless Wheel set (Black rims and hubs w/ stainless spokes). Complete with Metzeler Tourance tires. I can't tell you how much better the bike handles on pavement with this set-up. That skinny 21-inch front is great off-road, but not so great on the road. Plus they're tubeless, and overall much better quality wheels than the stock ones. heavy duty stainless spokes - unlike the crappy stock spokes that corrode in no time. Less than 2000 miles on them. Still like new.
Wheels sell new for $1700 with shipping, plus around $300 for the tires, for a total original cost of ~ $2000. You can have them for only $1200 + shipping.

I think that's it for now. I'll try and post some pics up tomorrow.
Can you please confirm what you have left?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lost the ability to edit my posts for some reason.
Anyway, the seat, windshield, rear shock and fork cartridges are SOLD.
Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts