Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating a trip with my wife and I am wondering about her comfort. The pillion seat has a pretty good slope forward which looks like it would really force her forward and would get tiring.

Any feedback from your passengers?

·
Registered
23 Posts
My wife says the AT is the most comfy pillion seat she has had so far. She likes the width, seat firmness, leg room and space in which to change her position. Admittedly, there have not been any big tourers in our stable ever, but it does trump the Triumph Tiger 1050 we had for a number of years and that was an excellent all day mile muncher. The only negative may be the amount of preload at your disposal, which was even more of an issue on the 1050 btw.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My wife says the AT is the most comfy pillion seat she has had so far. She likes the width, seat firmness, leg room and space in which to change her position.
Ditto from mine as well!

Frequent breaks also seem to be key to her comfort (due to arthritic knees and a dodgy back!).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi
My wife mloves the bike as well.
Had a few decent trips and she has no problems. Actually prefers it to our last bike a Pan European ST1300 - says the ride is smoother.
We always ride with a top box with the passenger pad on it - again a choice she prefers as she can rest back onto it.
Need to break every 1 1/2 - 2 hours to for overall relaxed and comfortable journey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts