Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge case. Holds 2 cases of beer and room on top, or 4 cases nicely with a bungee. Stock AT side cases. KIMG0068.jpg KIMG0067.jpg KIMG0066.jpg KIMG0065.jpg KIMG0064.jpg

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
Now that’ll haul some cookies... or beers

Reactions: MrRobb

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol I know. Two riding mowers and they are both in the shop. Can't cut 6 acres with a push mower :-(

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
How many AR-pattern rifles and filled mags can you get into that thing?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ok I just ordered one with the 20% off and free shipping. Should be plenty of room for my groceries. Rob how did you attach it? I bought the wrong Tusk plate for a 2016 but was gonna make it fit. But if I need some 1/4" alum plate instead to distribute the weight then please do tell.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Okay I found an old thread quote from MrRobb and he states

"Blue locktite plus a steel plate cut to fit most of the inside of the box. Its centered very well, covering almost half of the passenger seat"

·
Registered
93 Posts
First try at making my own luggage rack so just bought some 1/4" 6061 aluminum plate 12" x 20" to support the most of the box's width. Like MrRobb has described in the past, some of the V600 will sit on the pillion as I don't want a huge whale tail sticking out the back either. After looking at different designs, I plan to get some stand-offs, bolts, etc. and will post pics. Also bought some white spray paint for the top of the case to keep the sun's heat in check for grocery runs and need to get a thermal lined bag for frozen food.

Undecided on a sub $300 pannier rack. If anyone can recommend I am looking for sturdy and easy install.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts