Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
When I've had a fault, it's taken 3 start run off cycles to clear on my '17. I'm not sure about your bike, but there was a misprint in our service manual regarding the rear wheel and the spacer placement was wrong which would cause a fault as well.

·
Registered
524 Posts
When you say start run off cycles do you mean start and stop or start run for a while shut of , repeat, repeat?
Start, go ride a bit, shut off.... 3x. I'm not sure about the specifics. That's what worked for me. I thought the ecm would want to verify everything was ok. I didn't research it, it was just something I noticed.... I was worried , but after the 3rd time, the light went off.

·
Registered
2019 CRF1000L
2 Posts
The engine light came on in my 2019 AT (non adventure), I read up on how to short the correct leads (I spent one hour and a few cut fingers to get the bloody cap off!) and got the code 67. I figured this to be the front speed sensor and since I'd been doing some carpentry work with lots of saw dust I thought this sounded sensible. So after blowing some compressed air in the area of the sensor I tried to reset the error. I was not able to using the instructions in the service handbook but after taking the bike for a run the engine light went off when I stopped the engine at a traffic light. I was very relieved! Saved me a run to the Honda workshop! Fantastic!:):D

21 - 27 of 27 Posts