Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I’ve not been able to ride the AT since last year.
I was going to use the bike first weekend of this year to go to a bike rally but the battery was flat due to me plugging in the optimiser and not switching it on...doh.
Bikes been on the optimiser since and I’ve started it a few times since we have been locked down in the UK. started fine but I can’t say that I took any notice of the dash lights.
I went to go out on it yesterday and the PGM-FI light is staying on. A quick check using the diagnostic port gives me 2 long blinks followed by 3 short. The service manual show tells me that 23.1 is a O2 heater sensor malfunction.
I’ve put fresh fuel in it as someone on FB thought it could be fuel that had gone off but that’s not sorted it. I’ve taken it out for 10 miles and it rides fine.
Anyone else had this issue and if so what did you do to sort it? I’m nearly at the book it into the dealer stage but thought I’d check with other owners first.
Cheers all

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Consider confirming wiring/connectors to the sensor are still sound?

Welcome to the Forum Craig.
Great minds think alike, That’s one of the first checks I made. I do have other bikes that I could pinch an o2 sensor from to test if that’s the part with a fault

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi all.
I’ve not been able to ride the AT since last year.
I was going to use the bike first weekend of this year to go to a bike rally but the battery was flat due to me plugging in the optimiser and not switching it on...doh.
Bikes been on the optimiser since and I’ve started it a few times since we have been locked down in the UK. started fine but I can’t say that I took any notice of the dash lights.
I went to go out on it yesterday and the PGM-FI light is staying on. A quick check using the diagnostic port gives me 2 long blinks followed by 3 short. The service manual show tells me that 23.1 is a O2 heater sensor malfunction.
I’ve put fresh fuel in it as someone on FB thought it could be fuel that had gone off but that’s not sorted it. I’ve taken it out for 10 miles and it rides fine.
Anyone else had this issue and if so what did you do to sort it? I’m nearly at the book it into the dealer stage but thought I’d check with other owners first.
Cheers all
I’d be inclined to clear the fault with a paper clip using the red socket under the seat (instructions on here somewhere), and see how it goes. If it returns, it obviously needs some further attention.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Arh right. Nightmare. My light came on a few weeks ago, after running it on the centre stand. Didn’t like the back wheel moving without the front. Looking mine never came back. Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm, I’ve also been running my AT on it’s centre stand every few weeks. Did you get a DTC from yours when your light came on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts