Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys 馃

Until the app developers add the magic code to our favourite non-Car Play compatible apps, I want to still use my phone as a standalone nav. I use a handle bar bag to keep bits and pieces at hand, so looking at options for mounting the phone which excludes the bars ideally (although will if I have to!). I know RAM and Quadlock provide a bunch of options but I was wondering if anyone has mounted above the TFT, either clamping onto the sun visor thing, using the "shelf", or otherwise.

Cheers

BR

Registered
Hi guys 馃

Until the app developers add the magic code to our favourite non-Car Play compatible apps, I want to still use my phone as a standalone nav. I use a handle bar bag to keep bits and pieces at hand, so looking at options for mounting the phone which excludes the bars ideally (although will if I have to!). I know RAM and Quadlock provide a bunch of options but I was wondering if anyone has mounted above the TFT, either clamping onto the sun visor thing, using the "shelf", or otherwise.

Cheers

BR
Be careful if you use the sun visor thing.
To the best of my knowledge that's only a plastic visor that's holding there with love and double sided!

Registered
Hi guys 馃

Cheers

BR
Two quadlock wall mounts, one above, one below. It blocks the top bar on the screen when mounted below, but I wanted the sheltered option in case of extreme weather.

Registered
Two quadlock wall mounts, one above, one below. It blocks the top bar on the screen when mounted below, but I wanted the sheltered option in case of extreme weather.
View attachment 55501
Those are two spots I considered. Nice. I wouldn't want my phone baking in the sun on top though.

Flush mount on the underside would be ideal. I was brainstorming how to mount there when I noticed the gap between the lower gauge panel and screen. Wedged the phone in there and done, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts